Just sold three iPhone 4S's to this guy. Do you think I'll get my commission?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t3hlazy1, Oct 15, 2011.

1. t3hlazy1 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have a quick question and want to get your opinion on something that happened at work.

I was sitting at work (AT&T Store), and this guy told me he wanted to order the new 4s and the I said I would help him and started making the order, since we were out. After a minute of placing the order, I looked up and told him, "ok, your 16GB iPhone 4S is ordered."

He apologized and told me that he wanted the bigger version of the phone also, so I apologized as well and the man walked away to look at the cases for a minute while I fixed my error. When he came back I said that I had the 32GB model ordered for him and that he was all set. He looked at me a little confused and said that he also wanted the bigger model: the 64GB one. My eyes got big and I smiled (Bigger commission!) and I said that I would fix that in 2 seconds.

So..he plunked down his $400 I told him to expect it in 14 days or so. I assumed he didn't have the money for all three phones at the moment, so I said okay and took his money.

Then, I was in bed that night, thinking about my amazing saleswoman skills, and I thought of something: "Maybe he didn't want all three phones. I couldn't remember if he said, 'Not the 32GB,' or 'Also the 64GB.'" Do you guys think that I'll get commission on all 3 phones or will he catch the error and only receive one?

Thoughts?

2. defcon2008 macrumors newbie

3. sparkyms, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  4. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

"Just sold three iPhone 4S's to this guy. Do you think I'll get my commission?"

Correct me if I'm wrong. BUT Is it or is it not your job to sell phones? So you did your job? Now you want what? A big pat on the back for doing your normal job????? :rolleyes:

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I think by "amazing saleswoman" you mean huge bitch.

7. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

8. t3hlazy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

It wont charge him till it ships, so I figured he just wanted to pay for one.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Wow, you screwed up. First of all, first thing you ask when someone wants an iPhone is what color and size and not just assume. Second, it's obviouse he only wanted one, the 64gb model. He will be pissed when he gets a $300 bill for those other two phones, and you can bet he's not coming back and ordering from you again.

10. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

11. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

So he said "4s" and you never asked him colour or GB size?

You should have got him the 64GB to start with and not move up from the 16GB.

Are you employed by the company or just a temp?

:D

12. billy123 macrumors newbie

So remind us again where the "amazing sales" comes in to this again?

HE decided he wanted a iPhone, HE decided to be on AT&T HE came in the store, HE came up to you, HE asked for the phone and YOU screwed up the order?

Is that right?

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not sure if this is real as it is so stupid and yet it IS a AT&T salesperson:p

From what I also understand is that the salespeople do not get commission on hardware. their only commission comes from renewing or writing new contracts for service.

14. t3hlazy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically...he wasn't very descriptive though.
    :S

15. defcon2008 macrumors newbie

This guy is a troll--I had the original post and asked the question if I would get 3 phones and only be charged for one. :rolleyes:

16. t3hlazy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not a guy. :/
    And, I don't know you. Sorry.

17. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

sounds about right this is why you NEVER TRUST A REP. They shouldnt even pay commission on iphones in the first month because the reps had little to do with selling them.

18. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I'm so confused by the purpose of this thread.

19. t3hlazy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't want to go to an AT&T site, in case somebody turned me in. :S