Just spoke with AT&T customer care is this to good to be true?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Jun 29, 2010.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

I called AT&T sales to see about my iphone that I placed at 6AM and the lady said we have inventory so you should get email with tracking within 24 hours is this too good to be true?

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

well you'll know in a day or 2, but it should be right if the guy is looking at the inventory screen and telling you they are shipping you one

3. f00f macrumors 65816

Yes.

Unless it's not.

:p

Seriously, if you get the email, be grateful and excited! Some of us out here are waiting 2 or three weeks more. (see sig) ;)

4. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Could be true...

Before AT&T re-opened iPhone 4 orders, Reps said there were about 14,000 back-ordered phones and it increased to 20,000 by mid-day. Now if they received a new shipment over 20k...everyone's order should be fulfilled soon but it'll go by order date of course.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The AT&T store at my work had two shipments today, so it looks like they're already quickly moving them out again, so I don't see why you wouldn't get yours too.

6. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. mrfriggz macrumors member

I don't think that will change until it is shipped. Just a thought.

8. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Its possible. Att wasn't taking any orders after the initial pre order day so they had to have been stockpiling them after filling their initial orders. Att says 7-10 days and apple says 3 weeks. I gave up trying to find one and went w/att ordering. Also, the lady at att said they expect to still get shipments, maybe not daily but they won't fill orders b/4 they stock the stores so its still possible to find one in a store b/4 the ten days is up.

9. mrfriggz macrumors member

My bad. My order came off backorder this evening but it hasn't shipped. I stand corrected.

Who knows.... :confused:

10. lakergoon24 macrumors member

i ordered my iPhone today at an Att store and the man told me I should be receiving my phone sometime next week, but my status is backordered 1.