Just Switched: Any way to resize PDFs? (not zoom in/out)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hazyb71, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Hazyb71 macrumors member

In windows I was able to resize pdfs by %'s, for example if a PDF took up two pages I could select 75% and it would reduce the size so that all the content got smaller and it fit on a single page. I messed around with previews and searched mroogle and I couldn't find anything. Do I need to purchased Adobe Acrobat?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Fit to page is zooming… or do you mean editing the page sizes (as in the size of the paper)?

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think the OP means when there is a multi-page document. Resizing the document fonts etc.

Sometimes there's a 2 page PDF with just a little bit of text on the second page and when you resize the font smaller the text on the second page should move to the first page.

Not sure if Preview does that.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't think you can do that either; try downloading Adobe Reader for Mac before you buy Acrobat.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I think that you are talking about N-up printing. Under the Layout select of the File/Print dialog box is a selection for Pages per sheet. You may print up to 16 pages on each sheet. This is a global feature and not exclusive to any particular application or file type.