Just to be clear... Not a single Apple Watch will be sold in store on the 24th?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macness, Apr 14, 2015.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

I don't want to kick a dead horse here, but are we POSITIVE there will be NO in store sales of the Apple Watch on the 24th?

2. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

3. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

My Apple Store said they would have some to sell. Don't know what or how many.

4. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Only as positive as we can be based on Apple's websites, numerous articles about this and information from Apple representatives (in person, in store, via chat).

Given the immediate selling out of all models and shipping times slipping to weeks, then months.... If they were available in store on the 24th, there would be backlash and some very angry mobs.

5. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Just ask before you get in line, I'm sure they'll set you straight.

6. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

What is is about NO that people do not understand? We DO KNOW that no one working in an Apple store knows anything about ANYTHING until the morning it arrives.

7. refslady macrumors regular

Same at my store.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

9. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I don't know what I was thinking. OF COURSE some will be sold in the stores that day (or at least out front). That would be the best place for SCALPERS who got them in the mail that day to hang out and make serious money.

10. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

An employee told my wife earlier tonight during her try-on that they will have stock on 4/24. I don't necessarily trust Apple Store employees, but Apple is being anything but clear in this regard.

11. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I think that IF they have stock, it will be by online reservation only and nothing will be available for walk in sales. I plan to be up on 4/23 just to see if reservations go live UNLESS my 4/24 - 5/8 watch already has shipped and confirmed for delivery on the 24th.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Same. Just to see if the app gets updated by 9pm-ish like previous years with the iPhones.

13. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't it have to be earlier than that? After all, we're talking reservations for in-store pickup. That means ALL stores, even ones in Australia.

14. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Maybe they're staying agile, and revealing slowly perhaps to expect stock at the stores on the 24th.

This is good news for those with the early windows of preorders, and orders may move faster than we thought

15. venom600 macrumors 6502a

The two Apple Store's I've been to for try on appointments (Brea Mall and The Grove) made it very clear that there wouldn't be any available on launch day. They said if they get any in they would have been orders that were sent to the store for pickup .

16. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

But there was no option for instore pick up when i preordered??? Did anybody else have the option for in store pick up?

17. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

The official statement from Angela is purposefully ambiguous.

For example, "initial launch" could mean the 10th-24th, but it could also mean the 10th-XXth. Further more, "exclusively online" doesn't necessarily exclude the "reserve online, pick up in store" model. No one knows, many Apple employees are misinformed, basing their answers on previous launches. No one will know for certain until the 24th. Based on my conversation with Apple, anything could happen from now until the 24th, nothing is final. For now, we wait.

----------

No one has had that option yet.