Just to make sure, I can wait up to 1yr before buying AppleCare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thermodynamic, Apr 23, 2011.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I adore my new 17" MBP, which I bought from Best Buy but without their warranty plan, but I would like to wait a couple of months before getting AppleCare for it. I recall reading I have up to 1 year to decide, but that source may not be correct.

Can I get AppleCare through amazon.com or can I get it directly from Apple? If the latter, can I get a discount by showing my student ID?

Or do I need to get it now?

Thx!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

You can get it before the 1 year expires. Ordering from Amazon is fine. Student discounts also apply so you could buy it online from the Apple education store or from a physical store by showing your ID.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

5. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Yes, you can use your student discount, making Apple Care $239. Just make sure you get it and register it before your 1-year warranty is up.

6. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

That's a great price and especially great to know, especially after I graduate and can't use my student ID anymore. :) I might order from them directly, as they cover the 17" model as well.

Thanks! They are ultimately $5 less, so I might purchase from them directly. The next time I go to the Apple store (probably Rosedale) I'll likely buy it there while my ID is still in effect... (not graduating until later this year, but still...)