Just turn up, Meadowhall Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nintendolinky, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hi I have had my phone since launch date, and I have a few problems like a chip in the metal edge and a slight gap where the metal edge meets the display near the power button, so in a dark room, light leaks out.

Will I be able to just turn up at the Apple store and get it replaced, I have rang Apple Care and they have a case number for me, but there repair options are not what I want as I just want a new phone, and not a refurbished one. (I know the refurbished ones are "new", I just want a retail replacement.)

I'm thinking of just turning up and providing them with the case number because I cant book an appointment as they are all filled up for the whole of next week and I have work and university to go too.

Will I be able to do this.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Replacement in store are white box phones. You will NOT get a retail box unless you return your phone and re-purchase.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

why dont you want a replacement? it still comes with a new warranty

4. kevin222 macrumors member

you definitely won't get a retail box replacement - they're probably sold out anyway. You're still getting a brand new phone since they just came out - that's much better than light leakage.

5. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys I have been to Meadowhall and they refunded the old phone to a giftcard and bought out a brand new sealed retail iPhone for me to purchase with the card.

They did this even though there is a huge sign outside the store saying they have no iPhone 5's in stock so I am a bit dubious about that.

The iPhone they replaced it with seems OK as far as i can tell, no signs of damage on the edge and the issues on the previous phone are not on this one, hoping for the best.