Just unlocked,jailbroke, and activated 16gb iPhone (04.04.05_G firmware) but have ?s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mack1e, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mack1e macrumors newbie

complete iphone newbie here...i just got a 16gb iphone and used ziphone 3 to unlock, jailbreak, and activate the phone after putting it into recovery mode. I successfully inserted my rogers sim and was up and running sending/receiving calls.

I then tried the wifi, i set it to autodetect but it didnt pick up our signal until i entered it in and provided the encryption key. That works too but its not fast.

I noticed that the phone was not discoverable through bluetooth and have not figured out why.

Ive just seen entries discussing how iLiberty is better to use than Ziphone because you can roll back the bootloader. Since I just got this phone today and it is working fine, im not sure how this will be bad going forward. Perhaps someone can advise on that and whether or not I should install installer.app/apptapp and if so, what version. Please advise.

Thank you

2. mack1e thread starter macrumors newbie

RE: Just unlocked,jailbroke, and activated 16gb iPhone (04.04.05_G firmware) but have

Just to add, I see now that I should have put a terminal/ssh and the installer on before I did the previous steps, but since the time is past, how could I do that now?

3. mack1e thread starter macrumors newbie

RE: Just unlocked,jailbroke, and activated 16gb iPhone (04.04.05_G firmware) but have

between my brother and I, we chose to use iLiberty 1.51 for mac to re-jailbreak the phone and viola...installer was installed and all other services remained in tact...

4. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

As someone tentatively entering the jailbreaking stage with their new iPhone what is the advantage of being able to " roll back the bootloader" and what is the use of "installer.app/apptapp".

Der I feel so stoopid asking!