Just Updated New MacBook 2.0 Hard Drive to 7200rpm

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by donster28, Dec 11, 2008.

1. donster28 macrumors 6502a

Hi all. Just want to pass on my experience upgrading the HD of my newly purchased Aluminum MacBook 2.0.

Install:
    "A breeze" is an understatement. I never experienced upgrading anything on my computers this easy. I wouldn't even explain the process...my cat can do it...hehe...

I opted to install a fresh Leopard then migrated my files from my MBP 2.16 Core2Duo via Ethernet.

Performance:
    At first, I didn't notice the speed difference but once I started working on things, the speed jump was obvious. The MB was snappier opening files especially big ones.

Important Note:
    I had a little problem restoring my Time Machine back-up from my MBP to my new MB. I first opted to restore from Disk Utility which took about 2 hours. Afterwhich my MB kept booting repeatedly, with the old Apple Logo and sound :confused:

Found out, I should do the restore only after Leopard prompts me for a "migrate" after the fresh install...or just simply migrate after installing and updating Leopard. :eek:

There you go. Just a first hand experience. Next will be a RAM upgrade to 4 gigs. :_

2. donster28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whoops...so sorry for the duplicate thread...

...cannot seem to delete this...could any mod delete please? :(

Sorry again and thanks.