Just upgraded to 4.3, wanna go back to 4.2.1 and.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doingitlive, Mar 9, 2011.

1. doingitlive macrumors member

do an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak. OR should I just wait for the 4.3 JB? Going camping this weekend with some friends an would love to have some wifi. I already have ATT's $30 unlimited data. WWYD? :confused:

Also if I do the rollback what should I use to do it on my MBP?

Thanks!!!!

2. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i would personally go back to 4.2.1 and get mywi :) i highly doubt there will be an untethered jailbreak by this weekend. ) just shift restore to 4.2.1 ipsw and run greenpois0n

3. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Jailbreak now at 4.2.#, and wait for the jailbreak for 4.3. Download MyWi for $20 (or pirated version, you won't get where out of me.) and you got wifi. Happy trails, camper.

4. doingitlive thread starter macrumors member

Great! thanks for the info guys. I'm a Mac newb so this helps a lot!!!:cool:

5. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

Thank god i was able to downgrade back to 4.2.1...I won't go back to 4.3 until a untethered jailbreak comes along...wooottt

6. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Downgrade back down to 4.2.1 using TinyUmbrella then download mywi or TetherME. Personally, I would just use TetherME because once there is a JB for 4.3, you willl be able to use it through wifi. I think mywi is overpriced.

7. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

This, although there are rumors of TetherME having a price increase, and whether it will ever make use of (or, rather, "unlock") the personal hotspot is nothing but speculation at this point.

MyWi may be overpriced, I've used it a few times and never had any issues. It does the job. My real concern with it is the lack of security (WEP is a joke), something the new personal hotspot in 4.3 addresses as it allows you to create a proper WPA2-secured hotspot.

8. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

I had problems last night when i was playing with icons and themes. Somehow my apps store icon, cydia icon, and half my utitlies disapeared. There were somehow wiped off my phone, the whole programs. I had to restore back to new and itunes made me update because the new one just came out. is there any way for me to get back to 4.2.1 Unfortunately i didnt save anything with the tiny umbrella thing, that you gusy are talking about. Any help would be greatyl appreciated. Having this stock phone sucks now

9. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i'm pretty sure personal hotspot only activates if you have the $45 data plan with tethering... unless if someone makes a hack to activate it for those with unlimited data plans

10. bripab007 macrumors 6502

It's called TetherMe (in Cydia), it's $2.99 (maybe $1.99 still?), and it enables stock tethering (i.e. USB, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi).

11. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, but you're out of luck. If you did the stock update to 4.3 you also lost an unlock or, perhaps, even a chance of it. In addition, without SHSH on file, you won't be able to restore back to 4.2.1, stock or otherwise. I have heard that Apple has not yet closed the signing window for 4.2.1 (haven't tried myself) so if you are quick and get in with TU you might be able to get those SHSH.

12. Neebee macrumors 6502a

Any chance of downgrading to 4.2.1 with an non jailbroken 4G iPod touch? If so, how?