Just used Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 to jailbreak my Iphone 4, on 4.3.2, battery life lower?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jason B, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jason B macrumors regular

Just used the LATEST Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 to jailbreak my Iphone 4, on 4.3.2 firmware. For some reason my battery life seems lower? I was on 4.0.1 firmware before I updated, and didn't know if there is anything I should try???

2. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

bump! It especially seems to lose a lot of battery overnight it seems now.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

have you tried 4.3.3?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

MR Rule - Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent.

6. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

No, and I really don't want to go through restoring, and all that mess again. It took me hours and hours to get it back to normal after going to 4.3.2. I'm on the latest jailbreak c16. I just did'nt know if there were any settings I should mess with. I came from 4.0.1.

7. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

It's not really about a "new" jailbreak or not - they've been using the same exploit for several iOS updates now - many users simply report an improvement in battery life after the update to iOS 4.3.3. The best possible answer has already been given here.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

hours and hours how? it takes me about 20 minutes to update. Do you have pkgbackup from cydia. between itunes and pkgbackup updating and restoring a device is pretty easy. I also agrees with the others. I'm not quick to jump on the firmware and battery life thing. However I have noticed a improvement with 4.3.3 and 4.3.2 was reported to have battery performance issues.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

this, im not sure if i recal correctly but wasnt that the whole main point of 4.3.3 to improve battery issues on 4.3.2, jailbroken or not

10. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

I have about 1500 photos and 200 videos, then I have multiple folders inside the photo app that I have to sync after backup up, which just takes forever. I guess I should have stated that I came from 4.0.1 to 4.3.2. Wondering if things should be the same or better. I have read that when 4.3.0 came out that the "Ping" service under "restrictions" should be turned off, as that can really hurt battery life, and to "reset" network settings after updating. I'll try those.

11. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

Not officially:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1358

I researched this extensively, and what I heard was the 4.3.3 beta had things in it for battery updates, but the final version of the public software apple released didn't have them.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well you asked for help many people have said 4.3.3 will help. but in the end what you do is up to you. I wish you luck though. Also there are tons of threads on here about battery life and jailbreaking. I suggest you do some research there. I don't think we can provide the answers you want.