Just went and played with the touch at the Portland Oregon Apple Store...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sam10685, Sep 14, 2007.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Not impressed at all. too laggy/slow. not not enough features... (weather, note pad, maps... ichat would be useful too.) tiny storage space. i'm waiting 1 or 2 more generations. iPod classic here i come!

2. AppleFan08 macrumors member

It seems like all ipods are laggy/slow at every apple store ive been too as well. Even when i was playing with the iphones. However, i bought a 16gb touch tonight, and it works flawlessly. So there must be other factors at play.

3. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

the classic and touch are the exact same. seems to me like you were playing with one of those defective models that a lot of people are getting. classic has some lag issues too, so don't think your fine and dandy.

4. bluush macrumors 6502

My Touch has virtually zero lag - and I even bought it at the same store! (Presuming you were at the Pioneer Square store in downtown)

I dunno, those models Apple has up on display don't really sway my opinion one way or the other. Most Apple Stores feature new iPods that are more scratched and banged up than my first gen Nano. All those people pouring in and out of the store all day, messing with the same 6 or 8 gadgets day in and day out is bound to create a mixture of smudges, bugginess, crashing and a whole slew of problems that you'd probably never experience just flat out buying it and testing it for the 14 days.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

This has been said 3000000 times! There are hundred of these threads already, all of which are pointless. If you dint like it, dont buy it.

6. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

Thought I could help someone. Sorry if you found my post repetitive/annoying.

7. Santoanderson macrumors member

I wonder if Apple places restrictions on the machines that could lag them down. I mean, I'm pretty sure they don't want you buying songs on Itunes or downloading massive files into Safari on the store models. I'd imagine they've placed a lot of firewalls and filters on multiple front which are probably laggin things down a lot.