Just went to local Verizon store, heard troubling news regarding the iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shortenjam88, Sep 16, 2013.

1. shortenjam88 macrumors newbie

So on my lunch break I stopped by the local Verizon store. Primarily, I had questions regarding selling my current phone privately, whether I should do it before or after I get the 5s or not, etc.

Now, I know pretty much every Apple employee/reseller rep are in the dark until the day before a launch as to stock numbers and what not, but what the Verizon rep told me is that they will only be getting 16 gb 5s models in, as 5s supply is really low and any other capacities will be for Apple stores.

Did any of you who bought the 5 on launch day run into similar rumors before launch and it turned out to be false? I remember buying the 4S on launch day at 10 am and I was able to walk right in and get a black 64 gb no problem. I don't live in a populous area.

2. comper macrumors member

protip: don't ever listen to verizon in-store CSR's about anything, they are (usually) the worst.

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Sales reps are not very dependable but I would not be surprised if the 5S lacks good supply. I think this is why there are no preorders. We all read where the finger reader was delaying production of the 5S.

Looks like small supply might be true!

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Is this store a corporate store or an authorized reseller? Makes a huge difference.

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Was this a corporate store or a franchise store? When the 5 game out the franchise stores has a very limited supply. Some of those stores had to wait a week. However, the corporate stores had a supply, with the 16GB models being sold out quickly and he 64 GB models in good supply. I ordered online the day after it went on sale, and had no problem getting my iphone, although it did take 7 to 10 days to arrive.

6. gCloud macrumors 6502a

there have been rumours that UK carriers might not be getting any 5s' on the 20th, they will only be taking orders.

7. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I will tell you a truth and that is that Verizon employees really don't know much about that kind of stuff until the night before launch.