Just when you think the bar can't get any lower:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by poloponies, May 12, 2017.

1. poloponies macrumors 68030

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I guess trump doesn't know about the tape recording system installed by Johnson... probably still recording :p

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Problem is, those tapes will never be released because the level of stupidity will utterly destroy the reputation of Republicans and the POTUS. :(

4. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

The only positive aspect of this is the unbelievable entertainment value of the tapes that end up in the Trump Presidential Bookmobile (to steal a line from Veep). -- Should any of us live that long.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We can't forget this classic

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...on reel-to-reel. :D

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

At this point I don't think that Trump's administration will see 2018.
    There has always been tension between the White House and the various departments, that's no secret (although most of it was always kept under the rug). The problem is that we are approaching the impossibility of having a working government as the political clash is slowly creeping into other fields that it should never touch (for ex National Security). Most heads of departments, and their associates, will not feel secure which will cause each department to become its own shell. Obviously the directors and associates know that no one's job is secure, but Trump made one fatal mistake: he didn't give Comey a nice, honorable exit. And that is an important currency in DC. He never called Comey to tell him that the President doesn't support him anymore (translated: I expect your resignations, we will celebrate you as the best person in DC). That is one huge, strategic blunder by Trump that might cost him the presidency.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Agreed. And yes, the current bunker mentality -- nobody trusts anyone -- will only help accelerate this administration's decline.

9. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

The only thing that could surprise me more is, having had a sit-down with Kissinger the other day, if Trump says in an interview today, "did you know that Nixon and Kissinger knelt and prayed? No one asks, 'why did they have to do that? Why didn't they ask Archie Cock (sic) to erase the tapes? It didn't have to happen'."

No, he's not worried about parallels. Not at all.

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I don't think Trump knows history... at all. He's not worrying about parallels because he just doesn't know them. Several interviews he's done since taking office show this - when he's asked about some historical significance of the presidency, he blunders the answer and changes topics. I'm convinced his rich daddy bribed all of Trump's teachers to pass him through all of school, and Trump has never actually read a book cover to cover. Not one.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. How else could somebody this clueless get this far? The man's like Chauncey Gardiner's evil twin.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Best thing the Left can do for their chances to win is keep this clown in office. Resist impeachment proceedings, let this one simmer a bit.

13. IronWaffle, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I agree. I was just playing on the idea that Kissinger told him that (well-known) anecdote a few days earlier -- like he recently learned about China/Korea. Or whoever told him about the Civil War Trump - Civil War.jpeg

14. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Perhaps but this is no longer about party. Every day that passes with this mentally deranged clown in the Oval Office represents a clear and present danger for all U.S citizens and for that matter the world at large.

15. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Impossible. Trump was 25 years old when the Watergate scandal took place. There's just no way he could have ignored it completely.

And I don't think he's paralleling Nixon out of ignorance. I think he's doing it out of spite. In his mind, he can get away with anything; after all, the people are with him, right? So go ahead, get rid of the director of the FBI! Bring Kissinger into the oval office! Start talking about "tapes"! Trump has the power of the people, so he's untouchable, right? He can play around this way as much as he wants to, and make fun of the press as he does...

16. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I wouldn't underestimate Trump's ignorance. What was he doing when he was 25? Partying with his New York buddies, discriminating against black people from renting his apartments (true story), and probably doing lots of coke in AC.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As mentioned on TV, wheeling and dealing in real estate is a completely different ball game. Trump's skill set is lacking for politics and President. He's discovering that ruling by edict and deception no worky for his current job.

18. BoxerGT2.5, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

At least with Pence you will get someone "Presidential". Someone who knows the job, the protocol, the process. You might not agree with his politics, but he isn't going to take to twitter at 2:00 a.m. and spout off the verbal diarrhea Trump does.

19. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Not sure if this lowers the bar or not, compared to the subject of this thread, but POTUS tweeted about Rosie O'Donnell yesterday afternoon, saying "we finally agree on something" because she had previously called for Comey's firing over his public announcement of the Clinton emails.

Loose cannon doesn't come close to describing the man in the Oval Office.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Focusing on the Trump game of misdirection and deception will keep us and the Congress on the right path, that is if most of them give a damn. :(

21. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

trump is losing it big time...

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The only time in my life I had to take some sleeping aid was the night Comey got fired. Not joking, I was and still am profoundly disturbed by its significance.

23. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Have you considered an AeroGarden? :p

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

At the risk of sounding clueless... what is it??

25. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

[​IMG]