Just when you thought fox news couldn't sink any lower!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

2. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

[aneurysm]

Yes, Fox news must be getting desperate, seeing as to how they have the lowest ratings of all the cable news networks, seeing as to how their talk show pundits score lower than MSNBC's or any other network for that matter etc... I would be desperate too if my networks ratings were in the toilet!

Oh wait, I might be confused on something?

"Internetdramasblog" as a source, lol

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Breaking away from a frightening health care disaster to cover a potential jet aircraft disaster? You're right... the disaster with health care is the greater catastrophe for the media to cover...

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

FWIW, on the video Obama wasn't signing anything, he was thanking a bunch of people while standing at a podium. At this point I'm not sure who is more desperate.

Nice landing though. :D

5. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

I tried to watch that video but there was this incessant clicking in the background.

6. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I take issue with your assumption that I have ever thought FOX News could not sink lower.

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Are ratings the barometer for whether a NEWS channel is accomplishing its goals? I thought being trustworthy and accurate were what the NEWS channels strived for. See http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1069

As for ratings, FoxNews was beaten by 4 spongebob episodes, and I submit to you that the audiences of both are similar.

Diapers... check.
    Cry and whine a lot... check.
    Temper tantrums if don't get what they want... check.
    Loves pureed prunes... check.
    Requires supervision... check.

;)

quoting a Kos survey... http://www.pensitoreview.com/2009/08/18/poll-fox-news-seen-least-trustworthy/

Trustworthy vs. trying to reach a target audience? See http://people-press.org/report/543/

Check out page 13. http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/IraqMedia_Oct03/IraqMedia_Oct03_rpt.pdf

8. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Well

Sponge Bob Squarepants is not a cable news network...

"Diapers... check.
    Cry and whine a lot... check.
    Temper tantrums if don't get what they want... check.
    Loves pureed prunes... check.
    Requires supervision... check."

Now, those traits seem to describe liberals more than Fox News viewers...

Diapers....Yeah, most liberals tend to be younger...

Cry and Whine alot... Aren't liberals the ones that are self-described sympathetic and emotional? And the ones that think we should give more food stamps and subsidies to the criers and the whiners?

Temper Tantrums... Both parties are equally guilty of this.

Loves pureed prunes....Who loves these???

Requires Supervision... Liberals typically vote on nanny-measures, such as seatbelt laws, smoking bans, gun control, and other "requires supervision" policies... So I'm not sure what kind of picture you are trying to paint here...

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Neither is Fox News. They are an entertainment channel seeing as the vast majority of their time on the air (daytime) is dedicated to entertainment shows and not news.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

A Delta 757 en route from JFK-SFO made an emergency landing in St. Louis yesterday evening because of smoke in the cockpit. Did Faux News cover that? If not, your defense of them breaking away to "cover a potential jet aircraft disaster" is complete bunk.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm pretty sure he meant desperate as in, desperate to avoid putting the president in a good light, not from a ratings perspective.

What is it with Fox News viewers and touting ratings as some sort of indication of anything other than popularity?:confused:

12. Hmac macrumors 68020

Yep. Looks like Fox News is losing it...

(Wow...the other networks aren't even close. Clearly MacRumors doesn't mirror the majority of news viewers. Imagine that...:)

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Just think, at any one time 298 million Americans aren't watching Fox :eek:.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I can't take Fox's ratings seriously any more. They are to CNN and MSNBC what Spam is to steak.

And speaking of food, I submit this recipe for making Fox-style "news":

FOX "NEWS"​

In a large melting pot, beat together 1 full cup of propaganda, 4 tbsp. reality show-flavored sensationalism, a stick of ignorance, and 1 lg. pkg. Glenn Beck's Sci-Fi Paranoia. Be sure to sift out facts. Mix together until smooth. Pre-heat the national mood to boiling. Place on TV until it reaches self-parody. Sprinkle lightly (not liberally) with real news for verisimilitude. Goes great with bitter tea. Serves 2.5 million.​

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Uh, aren't those all cable news channels?

I was under the impression the vast majority of Americans get their news from the big networks (or online).

16. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

what about those of us who flip though all four networks?

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

18. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Less than 1% of the US population watchez FOX on a good day. Majority gets their tv news from the network stations. FOX is not even a blip in the grand scheme of things.

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Well, averaging up those ratings figures, FWIW, at least 51% of the cable news audience is getting their news from some source other than Faux. That is, assuming the source for those figures, whatever it is, is valid.

20. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Are "liberals" a race?

21. macfan881 macrumors 68020

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Fox probably switched to the landing to see a potential disaster happen real time. heck they will will have plenty of time to see the damage of the Obama administration unfold so why pass up an immediate breaking story.

23. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Post of the month:D