just 'woman and children'...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oneshotpro, Dec 5, 2016.

1. oneshotpro, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016

oneshotpro Suspended

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

been going on for years. when they care enough about their own people, perhaps they will kick out their failure of a leader.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

4. Scepticalscribe, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'll try to persuade myself that this poorly written post full of such pathetic drivel is attempting to make a serious argument.

So, a young thug - with a background suggesting that he had come from Afghanistan - raped and killed a woman.

Let him be charged, tried, convicted and imprisoned according to the rule of law.

My concern (and the Daily Mail is not what I would regard as a credible or serious news source), is that the outrage is not so much at the rape - and murder - which are grotesque crimes at any time - but at the fact that an immigrant was the culprit.

While obviously, there is a pressing need to ensure that those who flee war and civil unrest in order to make a new life in Europe are aware of social and cultural norms in their new countries, there is also a regrettable tendency to focus a little more on such crimes when some of those who arrive in our lands are the culprits.

It is not as though such crimes are always condemned and punished when well placed locals are those responsible for such actions.

For example, I seem to recall young thugs, white, comfortably off, high school athletes, who raped women, and were protected and supported by their communities and schools, - who sought to condemn the victim instead - bodies which had a rather warped sense of where their priorities on such issues should lie.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

As horrendous as the Daily Mail is… this is Mail.com. Definitely not a credible news source by any standard.
    Though this is MacRumors PRSI after all, and standards have slipped.

But your reply is spot on.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

It's not the Daily Mail but some sort of Email provider with a news page.It mentions an Associated Press reporter had input so any factual bits probably come off the wires.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think we should castrate all men. They seem incapable of avoiding raping women as a group.

8. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Indeed. You can't be too careful:

Full story here: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38168281

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I think what you're seeing is that the locals know there's a problem and we for example have enough trash and thugs committing crimes here to deal with. We and others are tired of our own country not dealing with our own trash let alone importing more of the same from elsewhere, especially countries that are from completely different cultures and are riddled with issues. Let them re-settle in their own native areas of the world. Everyone will be better off. We need to be and should be very selective on who we take in and why. We being every country.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Nothing pisses people off more than when you help someone who later stabs you in the back (or rapes and drowns your daughter). It's human nature and completely reasonable to be outraged at such betrayal.

11. oneshotpro thread starter Suspended

The outrage is correct, as the refugees continue to disrespect the countries who let them in out of good will and the left wing news tries to cover up all facts about the continual crimes by them, likewise with anything that doesn't support their propaganda and agendas they push on everyone(which are anti european).

as well, it's not suggesting, in fact other news source detail it was in fact a refugee and confessed to the crime.

Multiple new sources have reported, so irrelevant if it doesn't come from your favourite left wing islam sympathizer website.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

My concern is not at all in prejudice against any group of immigrants, but has anyone shown consern about PTSD? Especially those that come from war torn countries. That has to be look at. PTSD combined with a culture shock could increase the risk of crimes being committed.

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So the smart thing to do would be to protect our citizens by not bringing those who have a violent nature and who are susceptible culture shock into Western nations.

14. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Since when is Merkel left wing? I swear up is down with conservatives.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Let's get rid of all American gun owners.

16. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

How many white men have raped women in the US? The stats on sexual assault are horrendous. 1 in 3 women have been sexually assaulted. To scapegoat refugees or immigrants for this problem is vastly missing the point.

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Because?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 6, 2016 ---
    Not at all. We don't need to bring in those who are violence prone--there's no upside to doing so. So keep them out.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

They are by definition violent.

19. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Well that's absurd. Please cite an authoritative source that backs up such a risible claim.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I could make the same argument about your broad brush with regards to Muslims.

21. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

When have I said anything about Muslims on this topic? You really seem to flailing about on this.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So which refugees don't you like? Is it the Muslim ones?

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I love all peaceful refugees who are willing to assimilate and become productive members of Western society. Since you bring them up, it does seem that Muslims have a harder time fitting in, so we should be much more careful about letting them in. As a test, we should halt Muslim immigration and try letting Christians in to see how they do, don't you think?

24. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

But just as with refugess it is impossible to tell the preacfull from the non-peacefull till it's too late, so getting rid of all gun owners makes perfect sense as a precaution.

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

You have a point. Unfortunately, that pesky Constitution guarantees Americans the right to bear arms. There's no such legal protection for refugees, so if we want to protect ourselves by keeping groups out because they've shown tendencies to be violent, that's our right.