Kalashnikov coming to the United States of the Americas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lostngone, Jan 21, 2015.

1. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

After the Obama administration banned the import of Russian made Kalashnikovs into the United States I thought that was it for any one wanting new production hardware.

Well good news, it looks lie they are opening a U.S. factory! :eek: :D :eek: I know right!

Skilled jobs being created making actual Izhmash/Kalashnikov brand rifles right here in the U.S. I guess only time will tell if these will be better or worse then the ones made in Russia. They said they might eventually even produce shotguns, Saiga anyone?

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Interesting but I don't see them doing much of an improvement over Bulgarian models.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Are these to be manufactured for Army use, or to sell to civilians?

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

Civillians I'd imagine.

They're not really a modern enough weapon for the US army, there's much better fully and semi auto weapons available for them.

The K-lash is reliable though

5. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

That's debatable. I'd take an AK over an M4/M16 any day. The latter is better at engagements over 300 yds, but the AK will go forever and not jam, fail, or quit on you. America is also still in love with the crappy 5.56 nato round, which is pretty weak compared to the 7.62x39.

However, Americans would never use that communist rifle as a standard issue weapon.