Kanye goes full MAGA…

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ForumChick, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ForumChick macrumors regular

ForumChick

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

not a fan, however, have to give him credit for speaking up... now he gets to see them attack him with their Trump/Kanye hate.

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I guess Trump does care about black people :p

4. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I don’t have a twitter account. But is this tweet real? Assuming he’s sticking up for Kanye.

F5C62231-92F5-4626-B21D-9607D5592DB4.jpeg

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yes, it's legit.

Who knew, black people are like everyone else & can have differing views? o_O

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You know it's a slow news day when Kenya makes the news

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Kanye boycotts coming soon, the left can't stand for someone voicing their own opinion.

8. JayMysterio, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Actually it's his second day. Black twitter got on Kanye's case and claimed he fell into 'the sunken place', which is what he tweeted again today that he isn't. Chance chimed in with support afterward, to affirm to people Kanye hadn't gone nutty again.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2018 ---
    Sorry, not happening. The actual is that a lot of 'the left' are laughing at how 'the right' wants to take Kanye in with such open arms. If you can remember, 'the right' was NOT always so enamored with Mr. West.

Fans of West know he's out there, and isn't in the same space as they are. Doesn't reduce his talent any less, but his views are just that. His views.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Are the people on the right hoping the left flares up over this - which is nothing? Who cares? Other than some random critics of Kanye, who really cares?

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

--- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2018 ---
    If you are curious as to why black people 'clap back' at Candace Owens...

https://www.theroot.com/candace-owens-who-thinks-racism-is-all-in-the-past-go-1825536071

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Already happening, calls for boycott have already went out on twittersphere. Liberals want to wreck your life for voicing your opinion, we've seen this happen again and again. Lucky for Kanye he's rich enough to not gaf.

Being in the "hollywood" crowd and voicing a pro Trump opinion is basically suicide.

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Is this some widespread thing, or are you just reading random tweets? There's millions of people on Twitter - and on the left. You're going to find it if you look. I haven't seen a single thing on Facebook on my friends' feed, it was mentioned all of two seconds in a light-hearted fashion on MSNBC... with no slant or spin, just a random blip of news.

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Trust me, it's noise. Kanye's dropping a lot of new material, and this is the extra free press he wants for sales. On top of that he's got new ( if somewhat questionable ) stuff for his fashion line and very expensive sneakers. West is going to make a fair bit off of this. Free press, and now young suckers on the right are going to knee jerk & buy his stuff. People like some here & those who like to burn football jerseys & Keurigs, will buy thinking they are freaking out their partisan opposites.

Congratulations. You just cheered for another rich guy to make more money, just because of a political view.

14. Zenithal macrumors 604

This is the guy who married one of those Karda whatever women, right? I'm not sure why people are happy about this or annoyed. Blacks can indeed be Republicans. Anyone can. Provided your income makes the policies of the GOP irrelevant to you.

15. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

This is the most confusing part of any of this thread. I'm seeing this phrase more and more, and it still makes no sense. What is a "clap back" and who was clapping in the first place?

16. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You've got a few phrases to learn...

'clap back'

'sunken place'

'showing your @$$'

'shade' you probably know

and my personal favorite, 'black twitter'.

They are all just phrases, no deep meaning worth burning a brain cell over.

Speak truth to power.

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

If only democrats treated them that way.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

As opposed to republicans? o_O

19. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Oh ok I get it. You conservatives only care about the opinions of Hollywood celebrities as long as they agree with yours. Got it. Kanye is nuts, so no surprise he supports Trump.

20. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Looks like a lot of his followers disagree. Who knew?

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Wait till he drops new material. They'll get over it. Right now the only reason you care, is hoping it shows discomfort on the left. As if you cared about West last week.
    [​IMG]

22. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Thanks. But you still didn't actually say what it meant. The most I could gleam was it's nothing more than a "comeback." Not sure how it differs or needs the new phrasing, though.

Sunken place... depression? Or a reference to Get Out?

Showing your a$$, I know. Being an idiot and hotheaded.

Shade is... essentially, being a dick at someone?

Black Twitter... black people who use Twitter, or a specific crowd of black people on it?

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You answered your own question, after I answered it. It's just a newer version of 'snaps' or 'snap back', for another 'generation'. Like I said, not worth burning a brain cell over. Some people have to have their own take.

Yes, 'sunken place' is from 'Get Out', as 'the Opposition' video points out.

24. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Never really cared for the guy and my views haven’t changed. I’m not sure why you feel I care so much? Especially when you post a video and meme. It seems to be getting to you?

25. Thomas Veil, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

“Yo, Abe Lincoln! I’m really happy you freed us and I'mma let you finish, but Trump has the best presidency of all time!"