Kanye goes full MAGA…

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
You know it's a slow news day when Kenya makes the news
Actually it's his second day. Black twitter got on Kanye's case and claimed he fell into 'the sunken place', which is what he tweeted again today that he isn't. Chance chimed in with support afterward, to affirm to people Kanye hadn't gone nutty again.
[doublepost=1524704292][/doublepost]
Kanye boycotts coming soon, the left can't stand for someone voicing their own opinion.
Sorry, not happening. The actual is that a lot of 'the left' are laughing at how 'the right' wants to take Kanye in with such open arms. If you can remember, 'the right' was NOT always so enamored with Mr. West.

Fans of West know he's out there, and isn't in the same space as they are. Doesn't reduce his talent any less, but his views are just that. His views.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Are the people on the right hoping the left flares up over this - which is nothing? Who cares? Other than some random critics of Kanye, who really cares?

Reactions: JayMysterio

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
[doublepost=1524704545][/doublepost]If you are curious as to why black people 'clap back' at Candace Owens...

https://www.theroot.com/candace-owens-who-thinks-racism-is-all-in-the-past-go-1825536071

Candace Owens, Kanye West’s new bestie, claims that racism is no longer an issue—was that before or after her family won a lawsuit for $37,500from the Stamford (Conn.) Board of Education as a result of racism? Perhaps the board should ask for a refund.

In 2016, Owens wrote an open letter to the Stamford Advocate sharing how racial slurs and death threats from classmates drove her to an eating disorder and therapy. In this open letter she said, “Those words destroyed me. I held my head high at school, but I went home and I cried every single night.” In another interview she told the Connecticut Post it took her seven years to move past the incident, “[When something like that happens] you become hostile. You become bitter.”

It seems that a bitter and hostile attitude continues to be an issue for Owens, who now claims that African Americans who cry racism are just a bunch of overly privileged Americans, police brutality is not an issue, former President Bill Clinton is to blame for the mass incarceration of black men (actually, that’s true), and former President Barack Obama is a “spineless coward.”

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry, not happening. The actual is that a lot of 'the left' are laughing at how 'the right' wants to take Kanye in with such open arms. If you can remember, 'the right' was NOT always so enamored with Mr. West.

Fans of West know he's out there, and isn't in the same space as they are. Doesn't reduce his talent any less, but his views are just that. His views.
Already happening, calls for boycott have already went out on twittersphere. Liberals want to wreck your life for voicing your opinion, we've seen this happen again and again. Lucky for Kanye he's rich enough to not gaf.

Being in the "hollywood" crowd and voicing a pro Trump opinion is basically suicide.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Already happening, calls for boycott have already went out on twittersphere. Liberals want to wreck your life for voicing your opinion, we've seen this happen again and again. Lucky for Kanye he's rich enough to not gaf.

Being in the "hollywood" crowd and voicing a pro Trump opinion is basically suicide.
Is this some widespread thing, or are you just reading random tweets? There's millions of people on Twitter - and on the left. You're going to find it if you look. I haven't seen a single thing on Facebook on my friends' feed, it was mentioned all of two seconds in a light-hearted fashion on MSNBC... with no slant or spin, just a random blip of news.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California

Trust me, it's noise. Kanye's dropping a lot of new material, and this is the extra free press he wants for sales. On top of that he's got new ( if somewhat questionable ) stuff for his fashion line and very expensive sneakers. West is going to make a fair bit off of this. Free press, and now young suckers on the right are going to knee jerk & buy his stuff. People like some here & those who like to burn football jerseys & Keurigs, will buy thinking they are freaking out their partisan opposites.

Congratulations. You just cheered for another rich guy to make more money, just because of a political view.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
This is the guy who married one of those Karda whatever women, right? I'm not sure why people are happy about this or annoyed. Blacks can indeed be Republicans. Anyone can. Provided your income makes the policies of the GOP irrelevant to you.

Reactions: JayMysterio

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
This is the most confusing part of any of this thread. I'm seeing this phrase more and more, and it still makes no sense. What is a "clap back" and who was clapping in the first place?
You've got a few phrases to learn...

'clap back'

'sunken place'

'showing your @$$'

'shade' you probably know

and my personal favorite, 'black twitter'.

They are all just phrases, no deep meaning worth burning a brain cell over.

This is the guy who married one of those Karda whatever women, right? I'm not sure why people are happy about this or annoyed. Blacks can indeed be Republicans. Anyone can. Provided your income makes the policies of the GOP irrelevant to you.
Speak truth to power.

Reactions: Regime2008

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2005
You've got a few phrases to learn...

'clap back'

'sunken place'

'showing your @$$'

'shade' you probably know

and my personal favorite, 'black twitter'.

They are all just phrases, no deep meaning worth burning a brain cell over.

Speak truth to power.
Thanks. But you still didn't actually say what it meant. The most I could gleam was it's nothing more than a "comeback." Not sure how it differs or needs the new phrasing, though.

Sunken place... depression? Or a reference to Get Out?

Showing your a$$, I know. Being an idiot and hotheaded.

Shade is... essentially, being a dick at someone?

Black Twitter... black people who use Twitter, or a specific crowd of black people on it?

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Thanks. But you still didn't actually say what it meant. The most I could gleam was it's nothing more than a "comeback." Not sure how it differs or needs the new phrasing, though.
You answered your own question, after I answered it. It's just a newer version of 'snaps' or 'snap back', for another 'generation'. Like I said, not worth burning a brain cell over. Some people have to have their own take.

Yes, 'sunken place' is from 'Get Out', as 'the Opposition' video points out.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Wait till he drops new material. They'll get over it. Right now the only reason you care, is hoping it shows discomfort on the left. As if you cared about West last week.
Never really cared for the guy and my views haven’t changed. I’m not sure why you feel I care so much? Especially when you post a video and meme. It seems to be getting to you?

Reactions: old mac