Kanye West begs $1 billion from Zuckerberg

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I did not think it was possible for me to loathe and despise this Kanye West guy (and his Kardashian concubine) any more …. but it just happened.

Kanye taps ‘bruh’ Mark Zuckerberg for $1B

…. and then he begs money from Google chief Larry Page too.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

So he's going to "Tweet" the creator of "Facebook"? o_O

3. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Kanye would love it if you Facetimed Mark Zuckerberg and convinced Zuck to give Kanye the $1 billion he's askin for.

kenya.png

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I saw Kanye West perform for the first time on SNL this weekend. It appeared to be an obscure performance art piece. It was talentless and terrible, and left us laughing and shaking our heads.

6. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

Reminds me of MC Hammer, I guess it's true "You Can't Touch This".....:D

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Best thing I've seen on Twitter today. :D

Attached Files:

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I saw that same performance and it made me give his album a listen. It's a really good album. Maybe the performance wasn't for you. Not that Im expecting most Midwesterners to know or care about good art. There is a reason why the art world is on the coasts and not in the Midwest.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was watching that with a friend as well. It started awkwardly, but I remember when he debuted the "Runaway" song at the VMA awards a few years and that turned into a great performance and great song.

<- Great performance, starting with a wtf is going on?

This one never even got close to being worthy of listening to. I've been hearing great things about the albums, but honestly other then when Coheed & Cambria come out with a new album I rarely if ever listen to music. I'm completely out of touch with pop culture.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You don't get around much, obviously. Kansas City has a thriving arts scene, as does Austin, TX. Ever been to Denver? Chicago? Didn't think so. Even Detroit's art scene is rocking.

So yea, maybe Kanye isn't for us (although we live on the Left Coast.) Of course, we don't confuse celebrity with art, either.

11. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

$53 million short? That's not a whoops. Why would anyone give money to someone who could mislay $53,000,000?

Whoops? Ed, did you say "whoops"? No, Ed. "Whoops" is when you fall down an elevator shaft. "Whoops" is when you skinny-dip in a school of piranha. "Whoops" is when you accidentally douche with Drano! No, Ed. This was no "whoops." This was an AAAAAAAAAAAAAHA-HA-HA-HA!
    (Arnold in Torch Song Trilogy)

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I was just going to post this same thing. As a musician I like to consider myself somewhat open minded to the latest music/technologies but that was pure crap that could've been spewed out by a 13 YO newbie and Garage Band. No need to know an instrument is one thing, but when every single note sung is autotuned as well what is the freaking point of even showing up on stage.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If Mr. West needs cash, perhaps the Mrs. can do another "film".

14. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Kanye needs help but its not financial. He so obviously seem to have mental issues. I have two good friends that have bipolar problems and when they are good they are good when they are bad they exhibit very similar symptoms. Delusions of grandeur, silly emails and tweets. Its a pretty typical pattern.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Kanye and Trump should step foot in the Octagon and have a Narcissism in a Cell match.

BL.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Can Hillary join in too?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2016 ---
    Does she even need to do the film, Ryan Seacrest just hands her money to be on TV.

17. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

My missus is in love with him but I have never see the appeal TBH, it's like he says things just to get noticed cos his music never will, he's like a two year old whose nappy needs changing and can't get his point across so he just cries until his mum or dad notice.

Kanye for president yeeeeahh!!

18. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I often wonder how Kanye has made it as far as he has in terms of his "status" amongst Hollywood, Fashion and Music. Obviously I've only noticed him in the last year or so. No fan here :eek:

19. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

The similarities are remarkable, no?