Kanye West dumps Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Rogifan, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

People on Twitter are referring to this as YEXIT. The Trump tweet on this will be lit. :D

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I guess Ye didn't get the monetary bump he was hoping for, for dancing for 45.

Guess we'll be hearing about him palling with Elon soon.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

He was idiotic enough to make his bed with Trump. Now he is lying in it, if not directly, then indirectly via his now mother-in-law.

BL.

4. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

5. kobalap macrumors 6502

I don't understand the public's fascination with the Kardashians and by extension, all the dumba$$es they are married to.

You could add up the IQ of all of those Kardashians and I doubt collectively they would break 100.

I am honestly astonished that any of those people can get themselves dressed and out the door every day.

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Right... I may have liked show biz a lot better when much of it was so optional it completely escaped the notice of most of the planet. Now if we don't stay tuned in, we might not notice the day some show biz celebrity seizes the opportunity to become a head of state and then promptly goes about making better than three quarters of the governed population into apparently highly optional constituents.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Last week, Caitlyn Jenner recanted her support of Trump after a leaked memo showed that Health and Human Services was seeking to define gender in a way that would deny federal recognition and civil rights protections to transgender Americans.

And, now West's brief—and crazy—dalliance with Trump has ended. Interesting.

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I wouldn't imagine a connection there. Jenner and Ye barely exist in the same realm of reality as far as Ye is concerned. Ye's been on a two front push, one for publicity to sell product, and another to schmooze up to anyone that lend him cash for his products. Ye as he boasted in his whatever with 45, mentioned his interest in manufacturing in the states. Adidas is opening plants to manufacture product here, and Ye wants to claim his product is manufactured here. Money & good press, two things Ye lives for. I think someone got it in Ye's head that 45 actually cared about manufacturing in the states ( Just not his own products ) and he thought hitching a ride to that clown car was a good idea. I imagine Ye thought he could show what a businessman and mediator he was working with someone to get something good for the black community, with someone not so well liked in the black community. Instead he got a guy who helps inspire domestic terrorism.

That can't be good for one's brand if your someone who's last name isn't Trump.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I wonder how many on the right are breathing a deep sigh of relief that they no longer have to pretend to like West now?

I think Obama had him pegged right. As an artist, I haven't kept up with him in about the last ten years, but I greatly enjoyed his first few albums.

I do find it odd he thinks George W. didn't "care about" black people, but thinks Trump is some sort of eye-opening abolitionist.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Kanye West has been one of the world's most successful and influential musical artists and cultural personalities for most of the past dozen years. He also succeeded in a genre where his middle-class upbringing and education made him somewhat of an outsider. I think Kanye has been playing a part for most of his adult life. There is also his well-documented mental health issues, problems that led to the cancellation of his Life of Pablo tour being canceled. I don't want to blithely ascribe West's behavior as simply being "off his meds" - but he has a life that would test the groundedness of most people.

I don't think too many Kanye West fans took much notice of his political pronouncements before. I doubt they'll change their own voting behavior now.

11. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

There probably are not many connections per se among these serial detachments from The Chief Pied Piper... just realization after varying periods of time that what's fake news is the dude's world view of how things work or will work as soon as everyone hears what he just said, which whatever that was, was to him merely a theme song du jour that will sound nice to someone he figures counts as part of his base.

Followers grab onto this or that thing that The Piper has floated, something that they see could fit into their lives in some way, and he's happy at the attention from them, even as his mind wanders off to who else can be sold in, and with what theme song, for tomorrow.

To him the deal is done when he hears the applause or reads the attaboy, and to him it's on with the rest of the hunt, which is never ending. He's like a honeybee with a too-fast clock inside his brain, always time to move on to the next flower and if the one behind didn't get fully pollinated in his brief visit, well how is that his problem?

But meanwhile The Piper's also spending a full ordinary workingman's shift every day watching cable TV programs show him how he's playing: oh maybe I need a different tune over there, ok I'll do a rally in Montana next week.

There is not a lot of time, much less inclination, on the part of The Piper to make sure stuff actually materializes as promised. It's important for stuff to look like it's going to materialize, though, until around the time the idea itself invariably loses lustre to him because when he asks about it again and his staff says "illegal" or "needs a law passed to make it work" or "need briefings from intel first" it just all starts to sound like so much boring detail that he moves on from it, and his staff sighs with relief while one by one this or that follower becomes disillusioned.

This stuff happens with other pols too, but not with as much attendant publicity. They wonder how the hell he gets away with it... Most of them realize they have to come up with something real before the next election, something no one in his right mind would take exception to. Around here that's usually repainting the double yellow lines and shoulder markers on the county roads... but Trump throws such responsibility off to the Congress if there's enough uproar about lack of real progress. We've seen it time and time again.

The revelation of a particular unraveling of a well known follower is often enough in a tight enough loop that Trump doesn't see the defection quite as soon as does the mainstream "Enemy of the People" out there in all its inquisitive diversity. They then immediately share it out as the latest real news he's about to label as fake or just hostile.

As soon as Fox picks up on a defection, though, then he's tuned in to whatever they say about what they think he's going to say and pretty soon after that he's ready to tweet something outrageous enough to get Fox to pick that up right away too.

Someday he's going to collide with himself coming out of the TV set and become confused about which one of them should shatter, and which get up and order a new entertainment console. That I would pay to see.

12. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Kanye West Did not “Dump Trump”. He’s taking a break from politics all together. Good for him.

13. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

He probably realised how many friends he lost and how many fans he lost over fans. Staying out of politics he has nothing to lose. When he expresses an opinion over politics with someone half of America hates and half the world hates he has more to lose then he has to gain.

14. Arran, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

Arran macrumors 601

Arran

It was always a grotesque marriage.

Same as Trump and Kim Jong. Kim Jong and Rodman. Rodman and Trump. An egotistical little circle of smug, self-satisfied superficiality.

Why does anyone care about any of them?

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

" realize I’ve been used to spread messages I don’t believe in" is telling. What were those messages? Probably the sudden interest in Trump and his White House visit.

Now, I tend to agree that West didn't have much business being in politics and he's better off creating music rather than trying to be a political animal, but it's also clear that he figured out that the Trump brigade was using him. And, he didn't like the feeling.

Trump has managed to push two members of the Kardashian orbit away. Not that they matter much, but consider how much they put into his statements just a few weeks ago.

16. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Is there any Trump relationship lasting?

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Kanye West is mentally ill. And that has been clear for years. He needs treatment and compassion.

18. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

No. Good for us.

He should take a break from public life too, so that the “genius” can retreat and concentrate on his next timeless masterpiece.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: