Kanye West meets P-E Trump. Government role?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Yup. That's the speculation after Kanye headed to Trump Tower and discussed things with the President-Elect. Kanye might just have an official role in the Trump administration?

I so want this to happen! :p Kanye and Donald. The two deserve each other's company.

Let's hope that Kanye and Kim get along well with the numerous White Nationalists populating Trump's administration. The nation will be entertained, that's for sure.

Kanye West meets Trump, fueling speculation about role for rapper

[​IMG]

2. jdillings macrumors 68000

Kanye will become his Secretary of Twitter

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Dudes daughter and grand children are Jewish, talks about helping the African American community. meets African American Rapper. Totally surrounds himself with "White Nationalists" or better known as people the left don't like.
    I'm sure you had similar outrage when Jay-Z met with Obama. Or how about when Eazy E went and visited Reagan?

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Their personalities are so alike.

It's a match made in Heaven.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well done sir...bravo!

6. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

or Secretary of Twits?

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Disclaimer: can't stand the guy.
    Disclaimer 2: I would never want him in my government.
    Disclaimer 3: can't stand anything related to the Kardashians in any way, not even the letter 'K'.

Said that, I think that it might be somewhat useful to have someone popular as the face in certain groups. By God, I'd love someone else - almost anyone else - but I can't deny that it could be useful.

8. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope that something useful comes out of it.

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

how can you not understand that affiliating yourself with minorities doesn't automatically mean you don't have racist ideas?

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Same way some people don't understand that criticizing the behavior of someone in a minority doesn't automatically make you a racist.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You glass-half-full assessments of the trump transition just went completely over the top. :D

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

No s-it ;)

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol what? no one is criticizing minority behavior. there are republicans in state legislatures who actively try to pass legislations that would impact how poor and minority communities vote. that is an actual racist action

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

plenty of times when Obama was criticized the race card was pulled.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

My wife is a special ed teacher. About a month ago a special-ed kid undressed himself and tried to eat some plastic toy. The teachers stopped him. He also peed himself, right in the middle of the class, and peed over another teacher.
    Mother is called, she shows up with husband. She wants to sue the school and the teachers because the teachers ganged up on her son because he's black. School District will have to intervene.
    Some people are like that, and make assumptions or just want to abuse a situation. I see it often in my municipal government job, since I read incident reports and sometimes have to deal with some issues. We actually had a citizen calling the cops on a "racist employee" because she asked this citizen not to throw stuff on the ground.

(and it goes both ways, I was making examples).

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

18. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

It goes both ways…. like the white racist lady who went on a tirade against black employees at Michaels (arts and craft store) …. because the employees asked that she pay for a "bag fee". Mandatory bag fees have been introduced legally in several states (since this November election), you are only exempt if you bring your own re-usable bag.

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Yep, unfortunately it goes both (if not multiple) ways.
    Last year I had a guy who complained (or wanted to) to the city manager office because my accent "isn't American enough". Oh well. The stuff you hear everyday...

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The two most petulant children in this country.

21. cube macrumors G5

Do Gore, Leo, and half of Silicon Valley also get jobs?

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Gores scam didn't work out like he was hoping. Leo can still act. Silicon Valley can produce product to make a living.

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I can't stand winning this much. We're winning all over the place. This is serious winning. I can't take it.