Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hollination

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
San Francisco
Hello,
Does anyone know of a good karaoke software program for OS 9.1? I would like to avoid using MIDI if possible....
Thanks!

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
hollination said:
Hello,
Does anyone know of a good karaoke software program for OS 9.1? I would like to avoid using MIDI if possible....
Thanks!
I only know of one such program for pre-X Mac OS. CD+G Player may be found here. (Scroll down to find it.) This is an old program, and may not work well. Source code is available if you want to try fixing any bugs you might find.

You will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphic subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives can not read them. Most Plextor drives can. If you have something else, try it and find out. If you're going to buy a drive for this, do your homework to make sure it can read CD+G.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
mduser63 said:
Umm...this thread is almost 2 years old. I have a feeling the OP has either long since found a solution or else gave up a long time ago...
Probably. I noticed the date only after posting. I was doing a search (prior to my own thread) and can't resist answering questions when nobody else has answered.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
redAPPLE said:
is there a karaoke creating software for mac os x?
I seem to remember something about KAR-style files. Where lines of text are simply displayed in synchronization.

I don't know of any program for authoring CD+G karaoke discs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.