Karl Rove divorces

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cave Man, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

She's a saint for staying as long as she did. She deserves way more than 50%.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

People like him disgust me. They mock the sanctity of marriage.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed and FYI, a democrat can do just as much damage. I don't think he's a prick because of his party affiliation.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yet another "family values" guy proves that he can't live by his own words.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Gee, heterosexuals mark another notch on the divorce tote board. And you thought homosexuality was a threat to the institution of marriage!

7. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

[snip]

I don't mean to cause any offense, but he's just getting divorced. It's not like he went and had an affair. Divorces happen, and just because someone gets divorced does not make them a hypocrite if they preach "family values".

I'm not trying to defend Rove, I personally disagree with him on most topics, but just because he is a jackass does not mean that he should be called out on his divorce.

I could see calling him out on the "family values" thing if he was having an affair, but he didn't. It seems like he and his ex-wife just grew apart. It happens. Personally, I think it's better for them to divorce if it means that they both will be happier.

Lately I have been leaning to the left more, but I do think that bringing people's personal life into politics is unnecessary; unless it's a situation like Mark Stanford. In Stanford's case, his personal lie is affecting his ability to do his job, but that is not the case with Rove.

Also, this is not a gay rights issue. This shouldn't be an issue at all.

Don

8. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

How do you know he didn't dip his pen in someone else's ink well?

You mean all these years where "Family Values" has been on the RNC platform they were just teasin' us? Gosh, I feel sooo gullible.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Then politics should stay out of our personal lives, don't you think? Until they stop, it's all fair game.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Sorry, but Karl Rove has been a mean-spirited, divisive politico whose scorched earth politics have helped create such a polarized climate that attempts at common ground are rare (look at the health care fiasco).

That he has pandered to a far right espousing family values (and yes, the same group that has an anti-homosexual agenda), that he orchestrated insinuations that Ann Richards was a lesbian ... why can one not have a bit of mirth that he is on his SECOND divorce, defiling the "sanctity of marriage."

And no..it's not a gay issue. The above sarcastic joke was solidly tongue in cheek - you missed it.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I hate to use names but another draft dodging hypocrite who would sell his mother to avoid going to war himself. This man is as pathetic as Rush Limbaugh. A disgrace to true patriots and freedom loving Americans indeed. I feel sorry for anyone who would have to look at this guy everyday let alone listen to his dogma and banter.

12. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

But he is a filthy hypocrite. He used this type of issue in the past to smear opponents and bring their careers down on 'morality' rather than issues.

That makes him fair game.

The man deserves to be in jail for some of the things he's done so any unpleasantness coming his way is warranted.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

To be honest I'm just surprised anyone could live with that man for as long as she did, heck of a woman lol

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Normally I agree with my liberal brethren, but on this one I have to say I think you have a point.

Rove is a scummy, immoral, mean-spirited son of a bitch, the lowest of the low, and I'm sure that accounts for the glee people are displaying. And in some ways I can't really blame them. But yeah, really, this is not such a big deal.

The only thing I have to wonder about is why it took his wife so long to figure out that he's a complete ass.

And it hasn't gone unnoticed. Agree or disagree, your posts are becoming quite a refreshing break from the poorly thought-out, evasive crapola we've been seeing from others lately.

15. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Couldn't agree more with the above. It's one thing to respect a politician's personal life when they're legislating something that has nothing to do with their personal life.

It's another entirely to say you shouldn't criticize them for failing to meet the same standard they would require everyone else to measure up to.

16. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Rove is a great politician and has done a lot of good for this country. He is a much better character and was more competent than Rahm Emmanuel.

...... dodging flames and tin foil hats ......

Maybe the decision to divorce wasn't his. Perhaps his wife is divorcing him against his wishes. Perhaps she is a born-again lesbian who prefers the company of women. Perhaps she is a husband beater and he wasn't going to take it anymore so she is leaving him. Perhaps ....

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm glad that so many of you find divorce hilarious. I don't care who he is it's not a happy business. It's interesting to see how many of you think my family has no values.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No one here thinks divorce is funny. Neither do we think your family has no values.

But Karl Rove has been out saying those very things, and we're calling him on his hypocrisy. That is not only appropriate, but deserved.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Most of the posts are schadenfreude for Rove, a political operative who often attacked people for their lack of "family values" (a dog whistle phrase) and claimed he was protecting the "sanctity of marriage."

The comments are not directed at divorced couples or separated families, but rather towards Rove and his unfortunate hypocrisy.

I feel bad for the guy, he's been called "turd blossom" by the president of the United States for years and now he's getting divorced. The poor bastard's going to be reliant on hookers and blind women for the rest of his life.

20. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Indeed... The architect is a political genius...

Insofar as his divorce, it was granted in Texas after 24 years of marriage and family spokesperson Dana Perino said Rove and his wife "came to the decision mutually and amicably." I wonder how many condemning him have 24 years of marriage to boast...

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I just asked my parents who have been married for 36 years: Rove's a "chowderhead."

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...but not the barf. [​IMG]

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bull... he Bush and Cheney ran this country into the ground and handed off a F mess to the next administration, these three should be on trial for treason and not upholding the oath of office to protect our Constitution let alone throw us into a needless war and destroying our economy. Heck this is a never ending list of horrible things they did to the U.S. oh but they did wave the flag all three of these draft dodgers.

25. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Rove is disgusting but everyone is a hypocrite. Especially "family values" peddlers. It's a good way to get votes.