Karl Rove lectures the media on professionalism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

* Vomit *

Seattle P-I link

Jesus, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Not that there aren't things you can blame on the media, but "corroding" politics and government is the bailiwick of Machiavellian bull****ers like Rove.

If the media are guilty of anything, it's not reporting more of the behind-the-scenes skullduggery of our government (like the MSM)...or of acting as its propaganda arm (like Fox).

But for Rove to claim it's not political hacks like him, it's the cynical media that's ruining this country...arrrrggghhh! :mad:

...And at the risk of sounding elitist, the people can be and are often misled. Otherwise, why would 50% of the public still think that Saddam had WMDs?

2. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

(Memo to self: if you want responses, don't start thread with the word "vomit".)

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another Draft dodger, yeah we are going to fing true courage from this guy:rolleyes: or Cheney,Hastert,Delay,Libby,Frist even this presidents record is questionable when their coutry was calling during Nam. Rove is a spinmaster little else.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There fixed that for him. Is it me, or did he sound like one of those slick sales jerks who tell you how smart you are while raking you over the coals? "You seem like an honest, intelligent person... vote for my guy because he's moral and fights terrorists. The other guy wants to eat your babies and have gay sex with your children while brown people blow you up. Pay no attention to the dirty air, sky, and water that we've sold to the highest bidding industrialist. That'll be $5,000."

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I really shouldn't let Rove's BS get to me, but the SOB is such a manipulator, and I hate to see him trying to poison young minds with his crap.

BTW, that university...what the hell is "Political Management"? Sounds like a graduate degree in spin.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Think they should change the course name to Political Manipulation 101

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Guess what? Karl is running the 2006 campaign to not only include homosexuals and "cut and run" Democrats, but to also target the "defeatist" and "traitorous" press. Expect more of the same.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's a MS in the use of centrifigal force.

And in the same department as Underwater Basketweaving.

Rove cares about journalism in the same way that McDonalds cares about cows, as fodder for his greater profits.

10. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Speaking of professionalism... it would seem... and I hesitate to say this... but... it would SEEM... as if the press has returned to FAWNING over Obama. I sware, this clip (which CNN plays twice) is enough to make you gag.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/05/08/obama.jeans.cnn

Description:
    "Sen. Barack Obama surprises the press corps by wearing jeans."

CNN frontpage? I say to you... WTF?

Wry commentary from the peanut gallery.
    http://wonkette.com/388687/breaking-obama-wears-jeans-talks-on-telephone
    BREAKING: OBAMA WEARS JEANS, TALKS ON TELEPHONE
    The national press corps has found EXCLUSIVE MUST CREDIT CNN footage of Obama wearing — gasp — jeans on his airplane, while talking on the phone. Watch this inflammatory CNN video here of Obama wearing a certain type of common pants. John McCain calls them "dungarees."

Slow news day?

~ CB

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, CNN often puts out "breaking" news like that. Just as Fox has "breaking" news every time Shrub makes one of his bull**** speeches. CNN has no pride anymore. If I were Ted Turner, I'd be pissed at what they've done to my creation.

BTW, I'm flattered you dragged this thread back from last year, but really...for something as important as blue jeans, you could've started a new thread. :D

12. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Hey, if our nation is on the verge of actually starting a real environmentally friendly energy policy, I felt it wouldn't hurt to recycle a thread or two. :D And you know, good threads never really die, they just fade away (or get locked).

By the way, Rove had an interesting Obama-related article today.

Obama Warts and All
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121020471141475293.html

I actually agreed with some of his points on the current landscape. Shocker.

~ CB

13. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I never thought any administration would ever unseat the Nixon administration as the most corrupt collection of criminals ever. But, Bush and crew blew past them like they were standing still. And, none of them are more despicable than Rove. I sincerely believe the man is insane.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Can't stand Rove, but I also hope they're not going back to treating Obama like a superhero. Just so they can knock him down again with something stupid that has nothing to do with anything. I think they finally realized that they're practically ignoring McCain, good and bad, but I also don't want to see him dragged through the mud for no reason either. Just talk about the issues people! I realize the ratings aren't there as much when you do, but based on the booing at the ABC debates, I'm not alone in wanting a little more substance. There's plenty there, again, good and bad. Look for more Obama worshiping, then more mudslinging, then back to the worship, etc. Overcompensating when it goes one way or the other. Nature of the beast.

Rove still sucks though.

15. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Wait. Since when has the US media been critical?

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It can be when it suits them. See the Rev Wright thing. They're still harping on it, but it's losing steam. Also see the bj. Clinton was actually doing actual bad things that affected people, and yet that was all anyone talked about. Or Iraq. First they were for, then against, then ignored, then for the surge, then against again, and back to nothing.

I posted something on the media being biased toward scandal and controversy, not necessarily politics, awhile ago and can find it again if anyone wants to read it.

17. MacHipster macrumors 6502

I'll rephrase: Since when has the US media been critical of important events?

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

9/11.

Ok, not that one either. Vietnam? Watergate? Gotta be something since then.

19. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, I think he's quite sane. I just think he's extremely evil.

20. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Evil indeed! Admittedly, I am completely unqualified to make any form of psychoanalysis, and was just floating a hypothesis. Otherwise, I am at a loss to understand how this person can say the outrageous things he does. This thread is a perfect example. Rove is one of the dirtiest, dishonest, unprincipled political operatives in this Country's history. He takes pride in it. And yet, he makes a statement attacking the MSM for being unprofessional. Surely he must realize whatever applies to them, applies to him tenfold. Furthermore, he must also be aware that people know what he does and universally loathe him. He either does not give a sh** what people think, or he is not playing with a full deck.

I have a quick question for our Australian friends (totally off-subject): The Southern Cross Cable Network was completed in 2001, and they have continued to increase the bandwidth. Has it made a big difference? Just curious.