Karl Rove to Resign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miloblithe, Aug 13, 2007.

1. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070813/ap_on_go_pr_wh/rove_resigning

I guess he's obviously not doing a good job if Bush's ratings are as low as they are.

I always am amazed that people pull out the "spend more time with my family" BS, even if, like Rove, they've been lying about everything else for years.

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Heh, The Architect is resigning.

Milo, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with your comment about not doing a good job.

3. toontra macrumors 6502

My favourite quote from the BBC website from a reader:

"If Rove has been Bush's chief advisor, he has given a lot of very, very bad advice."

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's probably a good time for him to announce, shortly after bush's win in legalizing the (known) wiretapping program (stupid democrats). it makes me wonder how long rove has been waiting for such an upnote, regardless of how small.

i do wonder what rove will do now; perhaps he's already identified a GOP presidential candidate for whom he'll work. or maybe he's hoping to lie low so the dems will forget to subpeona him.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I don't see Rove as the bungee jumping type...

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Now he'll be free to advise not only the President, but also get more involved in the strategery leading up to the election. He realizes that he's much more powerful when he doesn't have to worry about Reid, Schumer and Leahey trying to supoena him as the advisor to the President.

9. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Or does he see bad things coming in the showdown on subpoenas so he's getting out from his "boss" now so he can testify and give them one less route to attack him since he already quit his job....

I know, wishful thinking....

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Who said anything about giving him a bungee cord?

11. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Everyone in the GOP that lined up with Bush is running for their lives, trying to salvage any part of their political careers now.
    I hope dems finally get enough backbone to impeach Bush, especially when he's left all alone and doesn't even have support of any republicans.

12. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

BAM!

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

nah, give him a bungee cord, but make sure there's a huge wind gust so when he comes back up, he gets blown under the bridge and slams into the underside of it :D

14. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Better yet, attach one end of the bungee cord to him, and don't attach the other end to anything, then have him jump. As an extra measure, have Dick Cheney go quail hunting by the bridge. Oh sh*t, one just landed in the river!" BANG!!! :p

LOL, I have a sick mind. :D

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And I can think of a certain body part of his that it should be attached to :D

16. miloblithe thread starter macrumors 68020

miloblithe

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

We can be pretty sure this is not the last we'll see or hear from Rove. Either the party or a candidate will want him next year as a political strategist. Personally, I think he's political poison now, but he's too ensconced in the GOP hierarchy to be sent out to pasture, even if that's where he really belongs.

18. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Sure has.Just like the politics in D.C.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We're discussing trash. I guess that's what happens. ;)

20. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Wishing death and dismemberment upon a fellow human being does not seem consistent with the compassionate, fellow-man loving comments that I am so often used to seeing from the majority of the above posters. It is rather disappointing to see such hatred towards another person despite his political views and past deceptions.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It was rather disappointing to be on the receiving end of Karl Rove's actions. I've seen no mention of regret or apology from him either. This goes further than simply disagreeing with Rove's beliefs. His actions have caused an amazing amount of damage to this country. We should be prosecuting him.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Rove isn't a man. He's the spawn of satan.

23. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Maybe I'm wrong, but if Rove resigns will he not be waiving his right to hide behind the veil of executive privilege? I mean, just 2 weeks ago Bush rejected a subpoena for Rove under the pretense of executive privilege, so where will Rove hide when he's no longer a part of the executive branch?

24. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

He'll take the 5th. And if that doesn't work he'll get pardoned.

25. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Couldn't the Dems (assuming they win in 08) put off any prosecution of him until January 09 to avoid a pardon?