Katy Perry Gets pulled from Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Sep 24, 2010.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

link

Here is the YT video. Personally I wasn't surprised or offended at her cleavage. I just thought it was cute and harmless.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have a friend, super religious who is super outraged by this. The fact is, Katy Perry has rarely, if ever, worn more and the fact that she showed that much chest is fine. Moms today wear similar clothing, even been to the Irvine Spectrum at lunch time on a weekday? Yeah ... what a bunch of morons, these groups who just go nuts over something like this.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So, the producers, director, executive producers, assistant producers and cast all went ahead and filmed the episode and only later was her outfit an issue. ********. Smacks of a publicity stunt to me.

4. AppelGek macrumors member

bunch of BS.. if you want to shield your kids from this, keep them indoor during the summer months.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The Amish watch SS?? :eek:

When did they get TVs??

Edit, after watching: LOL, I almost choked on my coffee, at about 1:50. ;)

6. Substance macrumors newbie

Substance

The only real news is here is what did the idiots at Sesame Street expect her to wear?

And no, you don't have to be super-religious to be outraged by this. If I had a daughter I woudn't want her to have Katy Perry as a role model and I wouldn't allow her to watch a show like Sesame Street if I had reason to believe that she would see someone like Katy Perry on it.

7. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I agree that I wouldn't want Katy Perry as a role model to me 5 year old daughter (or any age really), so they shouldn't have had her on in the first place. But the reasoning for removing the clip is absurd. Do these parents never take their kids out in public during the summer, or go to a swimming pool?

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I could watch that stuff all day. Don't like the song but the rest of the clip was nice :p

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Worse, Elmo isn't wearing any clothes at all.

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Yeah, it was a little revealing for Sesame Street but as rdowns pointed out, surely they noticed that when they were filming. :confused: I call shenanigans!

I'm also guessing the feedback they received is from embittered mothers with sandy crotches and nothing else going on in their lives to worry about but what someone prettier and probably happier than them is wearing. </meeeoooow>

11. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Bet Katy never thought she'd get this much publicity for a Sesame Street appearance. I bet she's thrilled. Good for her.

The prude's who didn't like her outfit have now exposed it to the world. Brilliant work, prudes. Brilliant.:rolleyes:

I wish she would have done a sketch with Murray. I love that monster! He's hilarious.

12. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

- As someone above said, she rarely shows less skin in public than that, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. Would anyone recognize her in a turtleneck?

- It's been a while since i watched Sesame Street, but how many kids that age know who she is? Or is her being on the show just for the benefit of young, hipster parents?

- I think it's hilarious that people are outraged. Your child has seen breasts before. All you're doing by proclaiming that cleavage is bad for children is guaranteeing that they'll want to see/show it themselves even more later.

13. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Sandy crotched women! What a great insult :D

14. HighTopFade macrumors regular

HighTopFade

Looks like the kids on Sesame Street aren't learning the number 34 and the letter D.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I just muted the whole thing, but it is a nice visual experience at 480p.

I think she has nothing to be ashamed of, but she sure makes the most of what she has got. ;)

And very nice "wigglies" too.

16. smetvid macrumors 6502

I see people wearing less then this in malls. From the description I expected a meat dress or something really shocking but this is a typical style dress. You see these types of dresses at school dances all the time. I bet if she was flat chested nobody would be complaining but because she has the gift of gaga's people are discriminating against her. Hope your kids never go to the beach, public pool or Disney Land in the summer. This dress had 10x the amount of clothes as a bikini. In fact you better build your safe room now and lock them up.

The world needs to stop getting so hung up over breasts. Yes they are nice but I am sick and tired of men being able to walk around shirtless and women cannot. Just because milk comes out of them doesn't make them anymore sexual in nature. If milk turns you on that much go buy a gallon or two of it and have a party.

A boob is also going to look just as nice if it is covered up or not. It's not as if we can't tell they are there when you cover them up. Men still think the same thing regardless so stop getting hung up over it already.

17. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Hey kids. This was getting into PRSI territory so I moved it.:)

carry on !!

[edit]

[non-mod mode]

I like Mr. Brand ( spelling ? ) and I know Katy Perry has a deep religious background. Being an old Sesame Street fan I wonder sometimes.

What do you guys think about the direction Sesame Street has taken ? Should they delve into more social/religious stuff ? They have always been that way imho.

[/non mod mode] :)

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It's easy to see this, everyone.

Think about it.. Think about who owns the rights to the Muppets, and your disdain begins there.

Hint: It ain't Henson.

BL.

20. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Personally, I'd have preferred that she wore something less revealing.

But I don't have any children... no daughters to watch out for.

So I should just sit back and enjoy the views of yours.

Kewl.

22. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Speak for yourself.

23. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I think if she's going on a children's show she should have the decency to wear something less revealing. Her outfit is inappropriate IMO.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

25. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You're not familiar with her fiancé, I take it? :p