Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modyouup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
Yes, I know Mac users have been able to access the Kazaa network for some time now with giFT and mldonkey. But those ways were often confusing, prone to give many flavors of error messages, and making it really hard for most people to get to work, especially giFT.

But now is a great time for Mac users, because mlMac is now available! http://abyssoft.com/software/mlmac/

mlMac is a GUI for mldonkey except you never have to worry about installing mldonkey because it's built into the app! All you have to do is launch the app and almost instantly you're connected to the Kazaa network! This app also has options to connect to many other networks but who cares when you've got Kazaa. Because of the amazing simplicity of this app, it is TRULY Kazaa for the Mac. In the past I've used several different p2p apps to get one file but this is the first p2p app to actually make it to my dock because it is the greatest of all.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Trying it now. I'm hoping this wil be much more stable than Direct Connect.

ddohnggo

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2003
i'm interested in downloading this. i just want to make sure, there isn't any spyware in it, right? also, is there spyware geared towards os x or just windows?

modyouup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
This is third party software dude. Spyware is inserted on windowz through the software. That's why everyone on windowz is using Kazaa Lite because that's a spyware free version.

mlMac has nothing to do with the people who make Kazaa. There is NO spyware. Even if the spyware was through the network, do you think the ignorant Kazaa people would ever support Mac? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.