Keep files on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thinkadam, Dec 20, 2011.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi all
    Whats the best way to keep a few sma word files on my phone?
    Travelling for a few days and want to be able to email them if I need.
    Thanks

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

4. thinkadam thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use dropbox but there's no easy way to email files from it.
    You don't even get that option.
    An I missing something?

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Hmmm, I had to think about how I did this. This only works if security isn't a big deal for you:

You need to put it in the 'Public' folder. Then, in the Dropbox app, open the file and press the little chain-links at the bottom. It will e-mail a link to that file and people can download it right from Dropbox.

This is good for large files that you don't want to e-mail.

This is bad for files that have to be kept secret, as it's possible for anyone to download that if they know the URL.

So if that doesn't work for you, get that other program I linked to. It just works like a USB drive and lets you mail files, exactly the same way you do from the 'Photos' app. Same icon and everything.

6. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

QuickOffice of Documents to Go both allow for on device storage of files and allow you to email directly from the program. I have used Doc's to Go since my day's with a Palm Treo. Stable program for the most part.