Keep jailbroken iPhone 5 or get the 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pooleman, Sep 16, 2013.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Is it worth it to upgrade from a 32 gig jailbroken 5 to the 5C? It will cost me $449 to upgrade if I do it early but I have a buyer here at work who will pay me almost $450 for my phone. What would you guys do?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What are you getting with the 5C that you don't have with the 5?

AFAIK, you only get a colored external enclosure which if you use a case, will be covered up. I say wait especially since you have to pay full price.

3. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

The last thing on Earth I'd do is to upgrade my iPhone 5 to a 5C.

4. Jades macrumors 6502

Except for the LTE bands and the colors, the 5c is exactly the same as the 5
    Don't waste your money

5. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I was wxpectibgvthecreviews and opinions to be a little more diverse. Interesting.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How can it be diverse when the 5C is basically a 5 in plastic?

7. roccobladr macrumors 6502

It's almost a downgrade considering the materials used. You might gain slightly better battery life but thats probably the only noticeable difference if any. If you have money to burn like that then you should at least get the 5S.

If you really want a change...unjailbreak your phone and upgrade to ios7, put a new colorful case on it and you will think its a brand new 5C!

8. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I guess I'm just hungry for something new. The biggest issue with giving up the jail break is that I use MYWI to tether a lot.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

First world problems!

As others have said this is hardly an update.

Why not use the money on a new hobby or something?

10. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I like having a phone. I'm using right now to speak with you guys. Of course these are first world problems.

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. Worth is always highly subjective and the OP needs to compare the two based on the OP's specific needs/wants. No one can tell the OP if the 5c is worth more to the OP than the 5 (or vice-versa).

So which is more important? Dealing with the hunger for something new or tethering? Are those the only concerns? Do you JB for anything else?

As with any other question like this, the person asking just needs to carefully review priorities and needs/wants. Once that's done the answer should be apparent.

12. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I'm not saying anything new but seriously don't do this. Get the 5S before you even consider the 5C.

13. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I guess keeping my phone is the smart way to go. I may just upgrade to iOS 7 to make me feel like I'm getting something new. From what I hear the iOS 7 jailbreak may not take too long. Maybe the October iPad event will give I'd something new and exciting. Although I own an iPad mini and the new one may not be that big a deal. It'll probably be a repeat of my current situation.