Keep losing color profile on 2nd monitor

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cryptic1911, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Cryptic1911 macrumors member

Hello,
    I have a MacPro w/ nvidia 8800 and dual dell 20" lcd's. I calibrated them both with a spyder2 pro device, and they look great.. but i've noticed that sometimes the right monitor is really washed out looking (too bright). If I open the "displays" preferences, it re-loads the color profile and all is good. It only seems to do it after its been running a screensaver, or i had the monitors off for a bit.

has anyone else ever had this issue?

2. Cryptic1911 thread starter macrumors member

bumping this back to the top - keeps defaulting to "default color profile"

and another thing, I cant delete all the additional color profiles, the delete button is greyed out

3. Cryptic1911 thread starter macrumors member

4. cavosburgh macrumors newbie

Same here...

Same problem here but I have not been able to correlate it to anything specific. It always happens after coming back after the screen saver has run but it doesn't occur every time. Workaround for now is to just click on the monitor icon in the menu and bring up the display preferences and that fixes it as soon as the load is completed. Also, I'm up to date on updates so am running 10.5.4 currently.

5. Cryptic1911 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, I do the same thing.. figured it out a while back, but its still annoying as hell

6. jarpod macrumors member

Wow Thank God im not alone:
    I have a Macbook Pro 17" (hi res display) and I attached a Westinghouse widescreen monitor through the DVI port.... same issue here and same workaround...... if someone knows how to fix this please post a solution
    thanks

7. DaLurker macrumors 6502

:eek: Same problem here... its really quite annoying. Hoping someone has a solution.