Keeping the uMBP in mint conditon...in regards to sweat stains...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bully worm, Sep 29, 2009.

1. bully worm macrumors regular

Obviously, there are going to be those times where a dent or a nick is inevitable to the exterior of the uMBP.

What I'm addressing is how can an owner prevent the sweat/oil stains that appears on the keyboard over time? Is this an inevitability as well?

Also, will the palm rest area of the aluminum casing ever get worn out like it did with the white macbook?

2. gospelSFX macrumors newbie

as far as preventative, cleaning your hands with witch hazel prior to using your computer can help. it is an astringent that takes the sweat and grease off your hands while naturally inhibiting sweat production. works great when used before playing a guitar (saves the strings) or handling anything where sweat dirt and oil build up can mess something up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_hazel_(astringent)

good luck -g

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

The white MB's and iBooks had some pretty severe problems with palm marring. The aluminum PB G4 I've had for 4+ years now doesn't have any palm marks, and I never did anything special to care for it.

The two palm outlines you see on the older white machines are mostly a problem with the acrylic shell than anything that's going to happen to you MBP.

I'm still trying to get used to a keyboard protector, but I'll take it off half the time when I'm typing. It causes too many missed keystrokes.

I doubt this black keyboard is going to have a lot of issues with staining, but if you're really worried about it, you should be able to prevent most wear and tear by wiping it down with a little bit of cleaner on a microfiber cloth, or even just a dry cloth.

They sell microfiber "screen protectors" you can use for just this purpose.

Or, there's always the adhesive palm-rest and trackpad cover kit...

4. bully worm thread starter macrumors regular

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Get a speck hardshell case, clear will be your best choice..

6. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Just clean it every few days to prevent build up