Keith Olbermann hands Bush his head

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Sep 20, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Wow! I never thought I would see someone in today's media pull Bush's pants down, and paddle his *ss like this. Very well done. Republicans, do not look. It is painful.

2. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

That is why I like Olbermann. Finally there is someone in the mass media who is not afraid to go all out against the Bush administration and the Republicans. He hit this one right on the spot.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He's no Murrow, nor does he claim to be, but he's the best we've got right now and he does a decent job of it. I started liking Keith a lot for things just like this. As have others apparently, as his ratings have gone way up. Still, I wonder if they don't feel like they have to keep Tucker on just to counter him and seem "balanced". They have former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough, but he doesn't count anymore I guess. It's sad Tucker seems to be the best they could come up with to counter.

Especially considering how low Tucker's ratings are.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He's been kicking Billo's ass in the ratings the past couple weeks! :D

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

As poorly written as anything I've read from Olberman.

Comparing the Patreaus ad to earlier ads that were in no way similar doesn't surprise me though. Hint: Twisting Kerry's name into something like Care? Eek? would have been similar.

7. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

And how was this poorly written? maybe you should compare Olbermann to say Billo, Rush, Hannity, or Coulter. Then you will see some really sh** "journalism".

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Well, he didn't explain how his examples of the swiftboat or campaign ads compared to making a juvenile name twisting ad implying treasonous activity by our leading military commander. I guess that because all examples involved ads, that by default that made them the same.

Why don't we all start using this technique to refer to politicians if it's so damned eloquent? Put out ads referring to Senator Waxhead or Speaker Low Blow Si! Isn't that just as funny? Damn, I feel like a high paid journalist already!

9. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Why doesn't anyone go after Bush for saying this yesterday:

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's Mandela?'," he said.

"Well, Mandela's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas."

WTF?

10. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Yes, that was unbelievable. It is also on the page at C & R I referenced

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Very nice.

Reading most of the comments, I see that there are still some who support bush, some that support neither Rep or Dem. They posted succinct and sorta useful posts.

Anyone else who didn't agree with anything could only use flamebait posts, as noted by the numerous deleted tags.

Guess the Administration's tactics permeate even those who actually believe them. Ouch.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Because the excuse is that he's in the military, and if you criticize him, you're criticizing the troops. Only they criticize others in the military all the time. He's just pointing out the hypocrisy. And he's angry we're still being lied to.

We're still angry too, and I'm amazed you still don't get why.

There's a thread on that.

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Doesn't that just further the point that the President's response to the MoveOn.org ads are disproportionate? He's up in arms over an ad that is remarkably tame compared to the ads his own camp has run.

I mean, "Betray Us"? Why didn't they just call him a poopie head?

Keith Olberman... now he's an example of an attack campaign worth getting up in arms about.

14. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Pull your head out of the neocon clouds and you will be able to discern truthful reporting from the BS shoved down our throats over the past decade.

Those of you who think you are conservative, and support Bush, are traitors to your party. The republican party was long ago infiltrated by an extreme element of American society. They are not our parents Republicans. They are as dangerous as any group we have.

Read Barry Goldwater's book "Conscience of a Conservative" and John Dean's book, "Conservatives Without Conscience". These are two of the smartest, most honest men from the remains of the conservative movement. Both denounce what the party has become.

If you cannot accept what they have to say, or what they stand for, then you are clearly a member of the Neo-Conservative Extreme Anti-American Evangelical Christian movement. You are the enemy to the vast number of Americans, and that number is growing. Your heyday is over. You are going down. You will not take control of America and force us to live by your narrow-minded, fanatical views on life.

15. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

The old Republican party was not nearly as ultra right as the Neo republican party. Goldwater, Ford, Eisenhower, and even Nixon would be viewed as Moderates or Centrists today.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You know- I'm beginning to get you. It's not that you're blind to what's going on, it's really that you actually support it. Whatever Bush does is OK with you- no matter how false, because it suits your ends whatever they may be.

17. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Wait... you think I'm a neocon...?

And what does this really have to do with my post...? I criticized the President's over-the-top response to what amounted to a stupid ad.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think you were misunderstood.

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I blame my moderate viewpoint and thick Canadian accent.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! I love it. :)

21. toontra macrumors 6502

Exactly. SL's been on my ignore list for over a year - nothing to learn there.

I wish people would stop rising to the bait and quoting him - that means I still see parts of his posts!

22. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Isn't that why anyone supports any political leader or party and votes for them?

BTW, Bush has been a moderate disappointment to me and my goals, but he supports policies that are closer to them than either of the other two guys did. Not like I'm not going to vote just because I don't like either candidate.

23. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

You'll never learn anything ignoring people who you disagree with.

24. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

That's quite true, but I'd like to turn the tables on you, Swarmlord. What have you learned from any of the liberals on MR? And let's avoid any cute statements like "what not to think." I have a feeling you haven't learned anything from any of us since you are not really using logic or reason in your political decision making process.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.

Truly frightening.