Keith Olbermann, new network still a blowhard.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05/keith-olbermann-current-war_n_1185685.html

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Never liked him. He always came off as such a d-bag.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

In what way?

4. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

That has been his whole career, being a d-bag. This is why ESPN and MSNBC fired him.

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Perhaps the problem here, as with MSNBC, is that the man has lost sight of his primary function, as an entertainer. Most of the people who watch or have watched Countdown regard it that way, not so much as serious news/commentary. And part of being an entertainer can be behaving in the manner of a "feminine hygiene" device. For example, watch some old Red Skelton: he was quite funny, but also obnoxious at times.

6. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I think Olbermann is just a dick in general who wants it his way or he doesn't do anything. He fought the executives at ESPN and MSNBC and they fired him and it looks like the same thing might be happening with the people at Current. So who is at fault here. Are the people in charge just out to get him or is Olbermann just a huge prick.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

In a I'm-just-like-Limbaugh-but-with-different-political-views douchebag way.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

He was watchable (as entertainment) until the primaries leading up to the 2008 election. His Hillary hate and Obama man-love was nauseating to watch. I think he fancies himself pivitol in that elaction and it has gotten to his head.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

On air, I liked Keith Olberman. I often agreed with him, and even if I did not, he made me think about things. His research was nearly impeccable and his conclusions were usually pretty solid. Unfortunately, his behind the scenes BS has been worse than had he shot himself in the foot with a .45.

Oh well, it will not be a big loss if he goes the way of the do-do. Doe-doe? That extinct bird. Anyway, it wouldn't be much of a loss with the emergence of some other interesting liberal talk hosts.

Anyone here listened to Norman Goldman? If not, he is so aggressive he makes me blush sometimes, and that's saying something.

10. mobilehaathi, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I often got an air of condescension from him, which simply turned me off.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

An air?

12. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Yep, typo.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Some folks like(d) to watch Jordan play basketball, Norris kick the crap out of bad guys or Willie Nelson perform live. All entertainers, all with an inflated sense of self-importance. Olbermann is really no different. Why do you think any of these people matter? Current is is BFE television anyway.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps Mr. Downs means that he reeks of it. ;) :p

15. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Good point ;)

And not false...

16. obeygiant, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

We're all here to agree about how Olbermann is stinky, crusty, anus, not downplay his apparent mastery of the d-bag arts by comparing him to people who make the world a more exciting place, i.e Michael Jordan, Chuck Norris, and Willie Nelson.

But don't be afraid to proclaim your man-love for him, there's no shame in it. Parade it, flaunt it, push it people's faces, and take a stand for your man.

On a completely unrelated note, I once read a post by yg17 that he would engage in homosexual acts with Olbermann just because of what the man said an how he said it.

edit: here it is

like, why?

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Congrats, you dug up a 3 year old post that I made as a joke in an attempt to smear somebody.....

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So, do you still have a thing for Olbermann? :D

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

shut up :p

I'll have his show on as background noise when doing something else, but I haven't had the time to actually sit down and watch the entire hour lately.

20. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I appreciate why people might like to watch him: drama, spectacle, etc. It just follows the general theme of conventional news/entertainment these days: murder, money, and mayhem. It's just off-putting to me.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Sorry it just stuck with me because it had been the second time you made that statement in a short frame of time. :)

All this time I've been wondering how Olbermann's politics would motivate someone to open up their ass to them. Is it a more direct way of receiving the news or commentary? :confused:

22. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I liked him when he and Dan Patrick were together on ESPN, but ever since he left there he has just become a tool.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Then ignore him if he puts you off. Remember, for a celebrity-type, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

24. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I do.:)

Quite true.

25. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

How can you not ignore him, he is on a network nobody knows exists.