Keith Scott shooting cell phone footage released.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So Keith Scott's wife filmed the encounter with police before and after the fatal shot.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html?_r=0

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

That's a good question, but I don't really see multiple cops yelling "drop the gun" in a conspiracy against an unarmed man.
    Not saying that it's impossible, of course and this should be investigated. I am just saying that publishing the video damaged the Scott family.

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The video doesn't really show much.

6. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The cops are not releasing the official footage, seems it would be in their best interest to do so if it proves they were justified in shooting. And would we know about a gun after the fact. Im sure they searched the car.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I think that they will release the video at this point.

8. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I thought the initial reports stated they found a gun on the scene.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

On the scene and in the vehicle are different.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    The lawyers said the cellphone video was shot by Rakeyia Scott, Mr. Scott’s wife on Tuesday afternoon. Mr. Scott had parked his truck in a visitor’s space in their apartment complex, where he often waited for one of his children to return home on a bus. The police were there to serve a warrant on someone else.

The lawyers said Ms. Scott had come out of the apartment with a cellphone charger for her husband and noticed that police officers were around the truck.

The two-minute-and-12 second video begins with shaking images of grass and the voice, apparently that of an officer, shouting, “Hands Up!”

City officials have refused to release the police video of the shooting, saying they do not want to impede their investigation.

The beginning of the video shows a view of Mr. Scott’s white pickup truck, and multiple police officers around it. Mr. Scott is not visible.

Immediately, Ms. Scott says, “Don’t shoot him,” and begins walking closer to the officers and Mr. Scott’s vehicle. “Don’t shoot him. He has no weapon. He has no weapon. Don’t shoot him.”

10. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

At about 2:00 in this video a black object an be seen being thrown to the ground by another officer as the camera pans away. It is not clear if it's a wallet or a gun plant. It seems odd that any legitimate evidence would be thrown on the pavement and not put on a car or somewhere highly visible.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

It's not weird. The gun is just removed from reach. There's no planting, you watch too much TV.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

A gun plant? Looks like a glove.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Tests revealed Keith Scott's fingerprints, DNA and blood were on a gun recovered at Tuesday’s officer-involved shooting scene, police sources told Channel 9 reporter Mark Becker. WSOC

13. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

If that is the answer, it makes not sense. The officer throws the gun closer to the suspect.

If it is a gun, and legitimate evidence, why would a police throw it onto hard pavement, risking removal or DNA and the weapon possibly going off? That also makes no sense.

It appears that dark object is confirmed to be the supposed weapon. VERY suspicious.

No Gun Seen Near Keith Scott’s Body in Video Recorded by His Wife Seconds After Killing

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I can't speak for the specific case, I don't have the Macrumors School of CSI diploma. however, it depends where the gun was. If he had the gun next to his hand, then it makes sense to throw it there. If it was somewhere else, then not.

15. bent christian, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Watch the video. None of what you are saying makes sense in context.

Edit: The dark object I am talking about appears to be one of a set of black surgical gloves.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, if the glove don't fit you must acquit.

17. Populism, Sep 23, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

The racist white police cover-up is so extensive that the cops even overdubbed "Put down the gun!" - three times, no less - on her camera phone video.

18. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

So it isn't a gun plant?

19. deany macrumors 68030

deany

A man looks like he has lost his life -IF TRUE - DREADFUL

HOWEVER

There is sometime that doesn't add up here.
    I'm not convinced its genuine - If I'm wrong then - respect to family and friends.

20. DrewDaHilp1, Sep 23, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Scratch that.
    It looks like a pocket .380 or a cell phone from the grainy video you can't tell much.
    [​IMG]

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

On The Lead CNN did a freeze frame analysis of the video. It shows what looks to be one surgical glove thrown on the ground, followed by a second one thrown a little further away.

At no point in any of this video does anything resemble a gun.

As always with these incidents though, I feel like we have all come in the middle of the story. Why were the police called there at all?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    That's a glove. Unless you think he had two guns because another object just like this one was thrown on the ground too. CNN showed it.

22. deany macrumors 68030

deany

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You shoot to stop a threat, you want to hit vitals. BRB let me find the article about the cops that now carries 100+ rounds of ammo because he needed every single round against one guy.

Edited to add

He carries 145 rounds because 47 wasn't enough.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

They are required by law to shoot to kill (as long as the threat is still there). If they shoot it can't be to injure.

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I edited my post. It's hard to tell. I edited with what I thought it could be.