Kelly Takes the Blame for Travel Ban Rollout

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 7, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-kelly-travel-ban-20170207-story.html

The confusion surrounding the execution of the order is "all on me,” Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly told the House Homeland Security Committee. Kelly was making his first appearance before Congress since Trump temporarily halted refugees and barred entry for people to the U.S. from seven Muslim-majority countries.

Looking back, Kelly added, "I should have delayed it just a bit" to inform those directly affected by the order as well as members of Congress.

2. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He's throwing himself under the bus. On the flip side - if the buck stops with him in regards to the actual roll out - he's taking responsibility.

4. Huntn macrumors Pentium

Huntn

I wonder how much pressure from the Trump group was to charge ahead without proper preparation, get'r done! As a good Lt, Kelly will take the bullet for his boss... and maybe he's just another incompetent team player.

5. 0007776 Suspended