Kensington Cases with PB G4?

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Has anyone tried using Kensington's cases with the PowerBook G4? In particular, it would appear that the Kensington Simply Portable Two and Two Plus Leather are too narrow for the PB G4 (the G4 is 13.4" long while Kensington's website indicates that the internal compartment is just 13.0" long). However, since the protective part of cases is often flexible, I thought I would ask here.

Thoughts, anyone? I was comparing between the Simply Portable Two Plus Leather and the Targus Leather (model CLN5).....

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
cases for the PB at a retail store are a problem. i always recommend people go to the apple store and get one that is designed for the G4 Powerbook. heh sorry if thats not a good enough answer

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone
cases for the PB at a retail store are a problem. i always recommend people go to the apple store and get one that is designed for the G4 Powerbook. heh sorry if thats not a good enough answer
Yeah but I have no interest in paying $150 for a Brenthaven Titanium 1 that is just made ouf of nylon....way way too much for a "form fitted" case that doesn't even have leather exterior.

F

fiji

TiCase

TiCase is probably the best case for the TiBook.
It's specially designed for the TiBook and it's got the LiftOMatic feature which will allows you work on the case itself and improving air circulation underneath the powerbook.

http://www.ticase.net (from DrBott)

surprise: it's got SAMSONITE label on it, because it's manufactured by them (but designed by DrBott)

oh yeah, if you carry your Pbook with the TiCase it's a bit heavy but its really stylish and you will look like 007 ;)

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
For those of us in the professional world, looking like James Bond is definitely *not* a good thing.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
cool case

very cool looking case but is something that looks like a target

i would rather still use one of those backpack looking laptop bags for travel but any briefcase or standard laptop type bag is ok for around the office

digiyoto

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2001
i'm specifically looking for a backpack or slipcase for a Ti. does anyone have experience with slipcases?