Kerry set to layout the Obama framework for ME peace

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Three weeks before Obama gets the boot he has decided to send Kerry out to layout a framework for a two state solution in the Middle East. This makes absolutely no sense because US/Israel relations have been chucked into the grinder by his administration And Trump is going to use this framework for toilet paper when he gets in.

This leaves no doubt that Obama was involved in the planning of the recent resolution he abstained from.

Go away Obama, your term is through.

https://news.google.ca/news/amp?caurl=https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/27/obama-and-allies-seek-to-isolate-netanyahu-before-trump-takes-office#pt0-863376

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Pretty late to the party no?

3. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Odds that Obama recognizes a palestinian state before he leaves office? I'd say likely.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Not a chance in hell.

Obama is a consensus "leader". He does nothing that his team doesn't agree on. None of the people he surrounds himself with would push for this, and the guy doesn't have the stones to do anything controversial (to the establishment) in the first place.

6. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

He should just leave all our supposed middle eastern allies a parting drone strike followed by a rain of mic drops.

7. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

LoL Kerry, we didn't help draft the bill, we just told them exactly what to put into it so we wouldn't block it. What a cowardly piece of ****.

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

All of these ME peace plans are a waste of time. There will never be peace in the ME as long as Islam exists, it really has nothing to do with Israel. If Israel disappeared tomorrow these guys would just kill each other instead as they have been doing non-stop since the 7th century.

9. zin macrumors 6502

The Obama Administration seems to have fully endorsed a two-state solution according to Kerry's press announcement.

There's nothing like jump starting a Middle East peace process 20 days before you leave office!

10. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Good for him. This will stand in stark contrast to the incoming administration - Obama laying out a plan for peace, Trump edging toward more war.

11. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There will never be peace, as soon as you give into the demands on the Islamic side they will keep moving the goalposts until Israel is irradiated.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]

No one will like the results of that happening.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So you think the countries in the middle east are run by suicidal idiots?

Who in their right mind is going to take on Israel?

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Very few things would make me happier than seeing Israel and Saudi Arabia cut off (either one is good, both would be better). I don't have anything against their general citizenry, but they're headed by crazy governments.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I would say I'm indifferent, but I lean more Pro-Israeli than Pro-Saudi. That being said if Obama doesn't cut off Israel it's not going to happen any time soon. Neither is cutting off Saudi, the US needs them for the Petro-Dollar.

16. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You don't have to take them head on, you can send millions in terrorist funding to bomb them out, if they are shown to be a stability risk the global push will be to pull their nukes at which point the Middle East will collapse on them.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He gets to stir the pot over there and hand Trump an even bigger mess. It's all a game.

18. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I know. We also keep relations open with dictatorships, and sometimes we support weird regimes. I understand at least a subset of the reasons behind this, but I still dislike it.

19. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Bit late to be laying out a plan for peace.

Until someone gives them a reason to stop Israel is going to be content to slowly nibble away at Palestinian territory year after year.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

President Trump’s Secretary of Defense Gen. James “Mad Dog” Mattis agrees with President Obama, SoS John Kerry, and all 14 UN Security Council members that unanimously voted against the illegal Israeli settlements.

Ex-US general: We pay a price for backing Israel

Slamming settlements, James Mattis, former commander of CentCom, tells crowd in Aspen that moderate Arabs are forced to hide support for America

http://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-us-general-we-pay-a-price-for-backing-israel/

Retired US Marine Corps General James Mattis recently said that America pays a price for its perceived bias in support of Israel.

I paid a military security price every day as the commander of CentCom because the Americans were seen as biased in support of Israel, and that moderates all the moderate Arabs who want to be with us, because they can’t come out publicly in support of people who don’t show respect for the Arab Palestinians,” he said Saturday at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado in response to a question about the peace process.

He called the current situation in Israel “unsustainable” and blamed the settlements for harming prospects for peace. The chances for an accord between Israel and the Palestinians, said Mattis, “are starting to ebb because the settlements and where they’re at are going to make it impossible to maintain the two state solution.

Mattis then described a hypothetical in which 500 Jewish settlers live among 10,000 Arabs, and the implications of where Israel draws the border. He called it a choice between giving up the idea of a Jewish state or becoming an apartheid state.

He then returned to the idea of the cost of lack of progress in peace talks, arguing that it “shortstops a lot of support for us because all politics are local… And I would just tell you that they can’t come out in support of us if we don’t see some progress where Secretary [of State John] Kerry is wisely focused like a laser beam right now.

Mattis was effusive throughout the conversation in his praise for Kerry and his current effort to kick-start the long-dormant peace process.​

Only thing that Gen. Mattis got wrong: The brutal Israeli occupation already is apartheid.

21. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Obama is rediculously naive. He's turned the Middle East into a dumpster fire.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 28, 2016 ---
    The last sentence being the most disturbing. Obama is a fool.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

glad your and expert on it maybe you should call up oboma and trump and tell them how to take care of it? so many experts on what to do here. myself i have no clue.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You don't ever crap on your friends for starters.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I have no clue on what to do to solve the whole crisis, but starting another one less than 30 days before leaving (after EIGHT years) ain't one.

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Fixed it for you...