Kevin McCarthy Accidentally Tells The Truth About Bengazi-Gate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Dear Wannabe Speaker,

Dammit Kevin, you're saying the quiet parts loud again. Stop it.

-- Reince

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/kevin-mccarthy-attempts-clarify-benghazi-comments-n437241

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Despite the evil actions of that woman, the massive war chest she and her cheating spouse have amassed has provided their political & personal machine complete freedom from any consequences. A fact that is not likely to change. Oh sure there's a spotlight that shines on them, leaving her behind in the polls yet that's far better than being held accountable for her and her thugs real actions.

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Fact-free diatribes really are the best, aren't they?

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

This was pretty bad actually. They should not do this to Hillary for the sake of politics. They should do it for the families afflicted.

5. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Why not do it for the sake of both, which are intertwined?

6. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Because doing it for the sake of politics dishonors those who lost their lives. Because doing it for the sake of politics means republicans care more about damaging the likely Democratic nominee than they do about their countrymen.

Of course, we all knew this was the purpose of this committee. It's just rather shocking that the next likely speaker of the house is so undisciplined that he doesn't realize when he's not in the right-wing echo-chamber. You'd think this would be concerning to Republicans, and indeed many of them are now demanding he apologize and retract the truth.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Enough with Benghazi already. We know what happened: Obama conducted an undeclared war to remove the Libyan government with absolutely no post-war planning (sound familiar?) The predictable result is total chaos: Libya is now an ungovernable Islamist snake pit awash is weaponry and governed by various militias, warlords, and jihadist groups.

Obama was loath to admit that the Benghazi massacre occurred because of his failure to plan for a post-Qaddafi Libya. So he went into full damage-control mode, refused to call Benghazi "an act of terrorism," and sent Susan Rice out to propagate their half-baked lie that the Benghazi massacre was the result of an obscure, barely watched, amateur YouTube video, rather than the result of the chaotic Libyan civil war that he caused.

Shut down the Benghazi committee. We know what occurred and at this point, what difference does it make?

8. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Please, proceed governor

And why is it always "blame Anerica first' with righties in this country?

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Who blamed "America first?"

10. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

You did. You appear to be saying its Obama's fault there was a terrorist attack in Libya. You absolve the terrorists of all responsibility and blame America for someone attacking us.

11. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

And quite frankly, you're either with us, or you're with the terrorists. I know which side I'm on.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Deflection noted.

13. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lack of counter-argument noted.

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Khaddafi was not causing trouble via any sort of active terrorism. Dictator, yeah, but no great internal turmoil. We instigated the revolution. Granted I don't know it as fact, but it has been alleged that he would screw up as did Saddam Hussein: Call for payment for his oil in other than petro-dollars. (I read this back before the blow-up in Libya.)

After it all went to garbage, Libyan military materiel went to ISIS, Al Qaida and Boko Haram. The internecine killing is still going on. Income from oil export is still way down in terms of bbl/day.

Among the numerous allegations, supposedly the ambassador had asked on more than one occasion for additional security but was turned down. If true, that's a horse on Hillary.

Among the more egregious wrongs from the administration was Susan Rice's outright lie to the world about the video. Spontaneous? "Street mobs" carry mortars around on the off chance some excuse might pop up to start a riot? Duh?

I haven't looked it up, but I'd bet that the most factual and objective analysis of the whole deal would come from somebody like Pepe Escobar of the Asia Times...

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No one in Washington is going to waste money on a few dead soldiers and diplomats.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

I remember the talking sock puppet heads of Clinton and Rice on TV propagating the total BS about how a video incited flash mobs. Meanwhile people in the affected areas saw the rising commotion, cried out for help that never came, and they died horrible deaths.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Total BS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_Innocence_of_Muslims

It turned out that the original intelligence about the attack in Benghazi was incorrect, but don't go around pretending that there weren't massive protests at dozens of US embassies/diplomatic missions because of that video.

Though Libyan officials initially stated that hundreds of protesters had been present before the attack, later investigations by the U.S. government concluded that no protest took place prior to the attack.[79][80][81][82] These investigations indicate that the notion of Benghazi protests originated from within the intelligence community and the Central Intelligence Agency due to the concurrent worldwide violence and protests resulting from the film Innocence of Muslims.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

'Terrorism' is an american invention. Who else are we supposed to blame. Santa claus?

And of course your regime tells you who the 'terrorists' are. And you believe what they tell you, because the regime would never lie. :p

btw I have some magic beans for sale. any interest?

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Right out of today's GOP rule book when the opposition holds the White House.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Except that he was about to commit genocide in Benghazi.

21. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Terrorism is an American invention? Tell me more.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm absolutely sure that terrorism existed well before the United States was ever formed.

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

Of course terrorism is a somewhat psychological and abstract war strategy and was not invented by anyone.

The poster I was refering to was mentioning the 'terrorists' and 'who's side he is on'. I hence assumed he meant "the (muslim) brown people" or whatever other enemy his regime presents him that day.

Only if you buy some of my magic beans first.

24. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh look, another person with no clue what they're talking about.

Carry on with yo bad self. But don't think you're fooling anyone here.

25. Meister Suspended

Meister

Very enlightening.
    A true PRSI gem :p