Key 9/11 Suspect to Be Tried in New York

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Blue Velvet, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Reactions

2. Shivetya macrumors 65816

This is not about trying the terrorists. This is about trying the CIA and to much extent Bush and Co.

Goodbye any chance on a second term.

So the lunatic left, who screamed that Bush was making more terrorists by his Iraq and Afghan policy now thinks they can have a death penalty trial on these guys and not invoke wrath let alone hand these terrorist what they want on a silver platter?

LOL. The community organizer will end up destroying the world community far worse than Bush ever could.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I wonder how many people we could employ for the price that this is going to cost. :rolleyes:

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

A crime was committed in New York, its that simple. Like everything else Bush got this one wrong too. Get the trial done and get rid of these murderers.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, these scumbags should have been tried and executed a long time ago. Don't think that they deserve a civilian trial, however. I'd rather see them tried by a military tribunal.

6. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Anyone notice the dude looks like Ron Jeremy after a 10 day gang bang with the swine flu?

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Everybody knows he is the dude that makes the donuts.

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

"The precedent set by this decision deserves careful scrutiny as we consider proper venues for trying those now held at Guantanamo who were apprehended outside of this country for acts that occurred outside of the country. And we must be especially careful with any decisions to bring onto American soil any of those prisoners who remain a threat to our country but whose cases have been adjudged as inappropriate for trial at all. They do not belong in our country, they do not belong in our courts, and they do not belong in our prisons."

Virginia Democratic Senator James Webb’s repudiation of Obama decision to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in New York
    Washington Examiner
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...g-terrorists-in-civilian-courts-69987147.html

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Point?

I still think they should be tried here and given their punishments here. Why everyone is so afraid of these people being locked up in supermax prisons is beyond me.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because they'll be dead within a week, and that won't make the US look good.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, he'll be in isolation, away from the other prisoners who would kill him as soon as they got the chance. They won't let him in with the general prison population.

And lets say he did die at the hands of another prisoner, would anyone really be upset that this sack of **** is dead? I don't support prison violence, but if it was found out that Bubba assraped him and afterwards, Brutus beat him to a bloody pulp, I wouldn't be bothered by it one bit.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Jose Padilla and Zacarious Moussaoui are still alive in prison.

13. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

So where do they belong?

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i really don't see the issue.

they are charged for a crime.
    they should be fairly tried for that crime, just like everyone else.
    If the evidence is sufficient and they are convicted, they'll face the sentence.
    If there is no evidence, they should be released.

everything else is disco-dance.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fixed that for you.

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Agreed. All this nonsense about people who cannot be tried and are too dangerous to be let go is anti-American. It's this very kind of issue, when the UK was holding American revolutionaries as terrorists who were neither tried nor released, that culminated in our Declaration of Independence.

17. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Proof positive that Obama loves islamic terrorist. There is simply no other reason for this other than his deep love and admiration for them. I'm sure we will treat him real nice. Make sure he a comfy chair and a soft bed. Oh, and lets throw in 15 years of appeals to avoid the death penalty until he is in his 80's.

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You must be new here. It's a statement that can be accurately made several times a day lately.

20. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

He committed an act of war, not a simple crime. He should have been tried by the military and killed in 2010 or 2011. Now he will be around until he dies of natural causes from old age. Obama knows this, and did this to avoid using the death penalty.

21. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Click 'See more posts by Full of Win' for a bounty of idiotic posts!

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Did Timothy McVeigh commit an act of war too?

23. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Yes. Same thing should have applied to him as well.

24. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You've not been hanging out in here much have you?

It amazes me that people think we shouldn't give people like this a fair trial. If we deny them this right we are no better than they are.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I suggest you campaign to have the law changed, then.