Key Democratic Officials Now Warning Base Not to Expect Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Mar 17, 2017.

1. zin macrumors 6502

Uh-oh. Looks like the narrative is on life support and the Democrats have overplayed their hand.

The Democrats' Benghazi.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It doesn't matter. The DNCs Goebbles told the big lie long enough so now all the democrat lemmings will believe it forever.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Call everyone back in 2 years & several million dollars later with your faux outrage. Maybe then we'll be yelling "Lock him up!" with no evidence as well like some other lemmings.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I simply stated my opinion. I'm not outraged.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It was ******** before, it's still ******** now. The Dems need to stop the boogeyman chasing (which at the same time is escalating tensions with Russia, and allowing the hawks to continue their push) and kick out the corporatists.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Ya think? The democrats played the Russian hand way too long and now they are going to look like idiots.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No, they're enabling the cover for the likes of the Kagan family to continue to fan the flames of war. I've been reading the transcripts of the Senate Armed Services Committee lately. We're going to war with Syria, Lindsay Graham (and now Rex Tillerson) are pushing for war with North Korea (which is why so many stories have been popping up lately) as a proxy with China, and all this ridiculous talk about Russia has enabled the neocons to start actively pushing for an actual war with Russia.

This nonsense will result in us sleepwalking into a situation that could get out of control very quickly. It's playing with fire, because the Democrats would rather protect their corporate members than face up to the distrust they've earned by becoming corporatist-lite over the last 20 years, and we're going to get burned.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Going to look like?

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Small thinkers on both sides of this one. Wouldn't matter if Trump was involved. The point is to get us to question our democracy. On that one mission accomplished, but for many we really don't need Russia to cause us to question it.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes, it's the big scary Reds long masterplan to make us question why our democracy doesn't function properly. The fact that corporation can buy politicians outright (a 40 year battle culminating with Citizens United) was the Russians. The fact that the American people's opinions on policy are statistical noise whether it gets implemented while the 1%'s support virtually guarantees passage...that's the Russians. The fact that both parties don't give a **** about their voters other than to retain seats at election time...Russia.

It's all Russia fault that American's can see that this democracy is actually an oligarchy. "Boo!".

:rolleyes: Nothing to see here folks, its that bad bad Russia that's causing a breakdown in our "democracy".

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

The point was when one side makes pointless partisan political witch hunts the norm you can't be too surprised when it comes back to hound you. You also can't try to claim the morale high ground of 'if one side does something wrong, does it make it right for the other side to do the same thing'? One side made perceived 'controversies' a normal part of operating, as opposed to say actually legislating, you can expect the other side will take part every now & then.

Is it right?

Perhaps that should have been asked when time spent with Benghazi could have been spent with things like really working on healthcare, immigration, and so on.

12. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Reread the second part of my last sentence.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Republicans didnt lose votes of Benghazi...

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was going off the "The point is to get us to question our democracy" which is almost a verbatim line from the likes of McCain and Graham in recent hearings. The problem with using the phrase is it's clearly been rolled out as part of a propaganda campaign to further the neocon plans (they're back! https://consortiumnews.com/2017/03/15/the-kagans-are-back-wars-to-follow/) for an actual conflict with Russia.

So yes, we don't need Russia to question our "democracy".....but I'm extremely sensitive to the rhetoric being used right now because even if from someone you agree with (and it sounds like we're in agreement) introducing this kind of language is a standard part of the "manufacture consent from the masses" phase of the push for war. These phrases ("Russian meddling", "hacked the election", "Russian election hacking is a war crime" <last one actually used in a hearing) contribute to the zeitgeist of escalating tensions with Russia.

15. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that the metric to use to justify the witch hunt?

16. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

NOW we're justifying 'witch hunt's? o_O We couldn't have considered that a few years & several million dollars earlier?

17. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Go back and you'll see I've said the same thing all along on Benghazi. This is no different. In fact this is worse. With Benghazi at least there was something to investigate. A consulate that was attacked and destroyed. The Democrats in the House are investigating a conspiracy theory for which there is no evidence of it even existing.

Deflection noted, however.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

No deflection. There was nothing to investigate then. It wasn't really about that consulate that was attacked, we knew that. It was about trying to implicate the president in a conspiracy, and when that didn't work it became a documented attempt at hurting Clinton's presidential ambitions. There was nothing about the Benghazi investigations that was in the interest of the US citizenry, it was completely political. Worse, one of the guys responsible for the investigations was hypocritical in the fact that he voted to cut embassy security.

People have to realize that your chickens will eventually come home to roost. A tactic you use against your enemies, may eventually be used against you. Crying foul :rolleyes: now, is the height of disingenuousness.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It'll change when the voters give a ****.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Yes, Hillary was super concerned about getting the facts out to the American people during the Benghazi hearings.:rolleyes:

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Seems perfectly right to me...

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Of course it does....

How you doing, btw?

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Did you just post my own reply to your post for me? Or just post out of context words with no point? :confused:

Point still remains, when witch hunts become a tactic to hurt one side, there's a good chance they'll be used against them.

24. poloponies macrumors 68030

The purpose of an investigation is not to hope to produce evidence, it's to get a more complete perspective on the issue. If there's no evidence after investigation I don't think people will be crying about it, but not investigating when there's cause for suspicion would keep those suspicions in the forefront.

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree with you guys. So lets finish the investigations of people like Eric Holder and Lois Lerner. Holder received "executive privilege" from Mao Obama to shield him from further prosecution and to protect others (I suspect Obama) from being wrapped up in the scandal. Lerner just happened to be saved by countless emails being destroyed at the very last minute. Hmmmm? I work in the defense industry. Government equipment and hard drives can sit for years waiting to be destroyed, but the hard drives pertaining to Lerners crooked actions just happened to get pushed to the front of the destruct line? Give me a break.

We need appropriate investigations of government officials, dem or repub, left or right, all are equal. But the edia doesn't treat them equally. we as a people do not treat them equally (not all of us). You guys defend your side to a fault and viciously attack the other side without looking at the big picture.