Key Obamacare architect says Americans are stupid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 13, 2014.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's going to be difficult for the White House to back away from these comments when the whole thing is on videotape.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...hite-house-response-112856.html#ixzz3IzZOd5gR

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He's right. Ignorance, and the celebration of it, is one of our biggest problems in the US.

Want a good laugh?

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

"Stupid is as stupid does". Today's GOP is despicable. Our voters will have to smarten up to make these jokers go away. PS- I'm not holding my breath.

5. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

A good first step would be for them to actually VOTE. I think the only mid-term election with a lower turnout occurred in 1913.

6. jkcerda, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

BOTH sides need to be cleaned out.

7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Repeal citizens united and get the lobbyists out of DC. There are over 11,500 "known" lobbyists in DC, over 130 to 1 ratio of congressman to lobbyist. And they have pumped 2.41 billion into the political process.

Until we can get money out of politics, it will just be more of the same.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Agreed

Agreed

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

corporations are people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,except you can't jail corporations :doh:

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I admit that I am puzzled by why people are "discovering" his loud mouth now. He is famous for it.

From the article on Wikipedia about him:

I have noticed the same odd thing though. In any insurance-based system, people who are healthy are paying for people who are sick. The odd thing is that this is not obvious to everyone.

11. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Videos of this guy shooting off his mouth are going viral. There seems to be a vast supply of them, too.

12. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Why is there money in politics? Specifically, lobbyists that are paid for by the 1% and multinational corporations?

Money is attracted to power and influence. The only way to get money out of politics is to make the politicians have less power and influence.

Once you understand this, you'll stop being a liberal and become a libertarian.

13. TPadden macrumors 6502a

I think a good proportion of those who don't vote are actually voting :cool:.

14. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

This won't change anything because the guy is not a Republican. If you are associated with a Democrat in any way, you can say anything and it gets swept under the rug.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Results of crying wolf too much. ;)

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Well, the ACA is already law so there isn't anything to change. However, it is an interesting view into the decision-making process.

17. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Now he says that he told President Obama all of this at the White House. And the White House visitor's log backs up that he was there. This could get interesting. How far will someone go to get their signature legislation through?

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm sorry, but when it comes to healthcare Americans - by and large - really are stupid.

Look at the percentage of people who report that they are in favor of the various components that make up Obamacare: everything from the ban on pre-existing condition restriction; to keeping children on parents plans till age 25. And they then claim to be opposed to the bill. Look at the percentage of people who think the ACA was already repealed, or that the Supreme Court did away with it.

Sorry, Republicans have been lying to Americans for a generation or two when it comes to healthcare. They've been counting on their stupidity to not see through their lies. They shouldn't act all surprised when the Democrats finally started using Americans stupidity to actually get something done.

19. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

He's not wrong, Americans are stupid, "Obamacare" should have been done 70 years ago under the Truman healthcare reforms, as an extension of the FDR reforms and it should have been done properly.

America's economy is screwed, and people still believe Reagan was the best thing that ever happened to US politics, that may friend is the definition of STUPID!

20. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's okay to THINK voters are stupid but when there is a microphone around you shouldn't SAY it. And then you shouldn't repeat it.

21. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

No, I think America really needs to hear these things, especially right about now.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm going to agree with you, especially if the guy with the microphone played a role in creating the law.

If the law is so horrible, and the voters who approved it so stupid, what does that say of the person who helped shape it?

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Even worse if that person says that he told the President AND the White House visitor logs actually show him there when he says that he told him.

24. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

He had to negotiate with a bunch of morons that barely had an IQ above room temperature to get it passed through the house and then he had to use his presidential powers to finish the deal. The GOP is the problem with Obamacare, and there is no other answer that is more straight forward. Their crap with low information voters and their campaign to have people not enroll only furthers the fact that the GOP screwed Obamacare, and that the average person who believes GOP crap is a moron.

25. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Are you talking about the democrats? Because he sure didn't negotiate with republicans.