Keyboard click volume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jester0723, Sep 30, 2012.

1. jester0723 macrumors regular

Came across a weird bug about keyboard clicks. For me, the volume of keyboard clicks is controlled by the inverse of the volume slider in the application switcher (double click the home button and swipe left to right twice). So if that volume bar is all the way up, I can't hear keyboard clicks at all, and if it's all the way down, they're super loud and annoying.

Anyone else notice this? I was googling for a way to turn them down (I'd turned the volume slider all the way down, and the clicks were really loud), and found this thread on Apple Support: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4367581?start=0&tstart=0

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Nope... That slider does not seem to affect my key click volume at all. iPhone 5 here.

On my iPhone 4 it seemed to be affected by the media volume, not the ringer volume. But never the inverse as you described. That sounds... odd... :confused:

3. jester0723 thread starter macrumors regular

Huh - after a reboot, the ringer volume is tied to the keyboard click volume again. That's annoying. Hopefully apple fixes this bug with 6.0.1 soon.