Keyboard clicks and sleep button sound go silent for no reason, anybody else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honey Badger, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Helping my mother here...she has an iPhone 6+ and when it is in sleep mode for a few hours and then awakened, the keyboard click sounds and the sleep button sound are silenced for no reason. The speakers work just fine and the ringer and text message sounds continue to work. In the sound setting, the lock sounds and keyboard clicks are still activated and the sound is turned all the way up. To get the sounds back, there is no rhyme or reason to it....I reset the phone with the home button and sleep button or turn the phone off and back on again and sometimes it gets the sound back and sometimes not.

Anybody else experiencing this? And any recommendations? Should I take it back to the Apple Store and get her a replacement or is this some sort of bug that will iron itself out with a future update?

2. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Also noticed that the shutter button sound for the camera doesnt work either.

3. techspin macrumors 6502a

Honey badger don't care!

Does toggling the mute switch help? Maybe it's loose.

4. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

LOL, except when it comes to my Mom. Thanks for the possible solution, but that is not the issue.

----------

ROFLMAO, you gotta love Mom's.....turns out my dear mother left the bluetooth speaker on in her car with the phone in her house so the sounds were being funneled out to the car....turning off the bluetooth in her car solved it....LOL, sorry and thanks to anyone who read this thread. Problem solved! Next! lol

5. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

When this happens, I quit the app, re-open and usually sound comes back. If not, I restart the phone.

6. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Thanks Alimar...yes, that is what I do, but in this case my mother just had her bluetooth on in her car. :rolleyes:

PROBLEM SOLVED!