Keyboard: media transport keys (play/pause) can take a very long time to respond

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Am I the only one having this problem?

When there's a song playing in iTunes and I want to pause it using the play/pause button on my keyboard, it doesn't happen instantly, but it takes quite a long time to respond (which is quite annoying)

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

That only happens the first time I press it, much in the same way that the first time I summon the Dashboard it takes a few seconds. After that, it's all snappy.

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Yeah, that's true.

However, I have a little app, called Dashboard Kickstart, that fires up the dashboard at login, so it won't still have to launch when I actually need it.

Can I accomplish this for my iTunes problem as well?
    I mean, there must be a little application that's triggered when pressing the buttons and has to launch ... that's why it's taking so long the first time.
    Can anyone tell me the name and where it's located so I can put it in my login items?

Thanks!

4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Just tried it and saw a process called rcd appear in the activity monitor. It's located in System/Library/CoreServices/rcd, you could probably make a script that opens it, or perhaps add it to your startup items.

5. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Alright, thanks.

Can anyone confirm this is indeed the right process?