Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
So when I boot into High Sierra, I get to the point where I have to type in my password to get to the desktop and I'm not able to start typing. I usually have to wait a few seconds before the keyboard becomes available (latest Apple keyboard).

I'm doubtful this can be fixed, as it seems like the computer is booting and it's in the process of initiating the keyboard and mouse. It is, however, incredibly stupid design to show an interface that appears to be fully booted, when it is not and there is no way to get to your desktop without having to wait.

Hopefully someone has a solution to this, if not, it seems to be a minor annoyance I'll have to deal with.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
An alternative is to by pass loggin in, set this in system preferences and turn off password log in.
Or
Make sure a Bluetooth device can start your Mac.

Hope this helps

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
An alternative is to by pass loggin in, set this in system preferences and turn off password log in.
Or
Make sure a Bluetooth device can start your Mac.

Hope this helps
I'm pretty sure the second option is "Allow Bluetooth to wake this computer". If so, that's enabled.

I may just turn off password login, not a bad idea. Don't really need it in this setting. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.