Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I'm in the market for a new keyboard for my 2007 Al iMac. My current keyboard is the Al wired apple one that came with the iMac and its great but the comma stopped working and i popped off the key trying to clean it and cant seem to get it back on (and comma still doesnt work).
My current keyboard is pretty quiet but still not silent. I have a silent mouse (the clicks make no noise) and was wondering if there is a mac keyboard that was truely silent.
searches seem point me to either the apple keyboard or the logitech solar wireless keyboard as being the quietest 'normal' keyboards.
I like the layout of the apple wireless keyboard since i never use the number pad. I wish they still made the A1242 but those seem rare and expensive now.

anyways, my main question is, are the key noises from the logitech solar the same as the noises from the apple keyboards? is there an option i'm missing?

thanks!

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
The Logitech is pretty quiet. I'd say it's at least as quiet as the current Apple wired keyboard (which ironically I had to return because some of the function keys made a loud snapping sound when pressed).

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I ended up getting the Apple Wireless keyboard. its a little louder than my old Apple Wired keyboard but i'm also not used to it so it should get a little quieter over time. I'm surprized there isnt a real silent keyboard out there. i love my silent mouse

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
Resurrecting the thread, I got the Logitech K760 Wireless Solar Keyboard and it's very noisy that it just feels wrong typing. I'm putting it on ebay after a week.

rpg51

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
I agree re the Logitech K760. BUT - the Logitech K750 full size usb wireless (solar) is extremely quite. It is an excellent keyboard. Looks a lot like the K760 but the feel of the thing is 100% better and it is virtually silent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.