Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budaboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2003
Vancouver BC
Well my son had spat up on my brand new apple pro keyboard(via G5 1.8). Looks to be a dead. Not functioning anymore. Now I am looking to replace the keyboard. Shall I go stick with the apple pro or go with a more functional keybaord from Logitech or Kensington.

I actually picked up a Logitech Elite for now, I have time to return it. Pretty nice keyboard!
But then I cam across the Kingston Wireless Optical Desktop. http://www.kensington.com/html/3853.html
Looks like a great combo.

Does anybody have any experiences with this product. Could not find any reviews on this product.

My wife prefers the white apple pro, but I kinda of want to go with a more functional board.

What are your thoughts, and are there any other recomendations you guys can give me!

Thanks!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
personally, i've used a variety of 3rd party keyboards as replacements, and i have to say the Pro keyboard is unsurpassed in terms of feel. They put a great deal of time into engineering the keys, and it's a very nice tactile experience IMHO that i can't do without. There is always the new wireless keyboard/mouse from apple, i know you have to configure it when you set it up but i think a wired mouse is all you need to do that... can someone confirm? this might be a good solution as it gives your wife a pro keyboard, and you get a wireless one as well.

meanwhile, here's a keyboard for the little tike once he starts wanting to play with it... which will happen a lot sooner than you think. after he spills something in it (or just pours it in), you'll be glad to have a waterproof 'board... and it's very childsafe.

pnw

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Wow, what cool keyboard!

Anyways, if you have some money to burn, try out a nice ergonomic keyboard. The discontinued and hard to find MS Natural Keyboard Pro is the best keyboard IMHO, ever made, and its mac compatible...

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I love my logitech elite keyboard.

The one in your link looks quite nice.

Personally, I think the apple 'pro' keyboard and mouse suck. I think other companies offer much better mice and keyboards for much less.

scem0

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
I'd say get the cheapest keyboard you can find as a replacement. I mean what's the point of getting the good stuff when your kid's gonna end up regurgitating last night's dinner on it.

But if you don't mind another keyboard massacre, the Logitech MX Duo is a hell of a set. Wireless Elite keyboard w/ MX700 mouse. You can't get better than that.

BTW, that kensington combo set looks like a logitech rip off.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
I'm going to have to go with Microsoft on keyboards. I have one of their Wireless Optical Desktop keyboard+mouse bundles and couldn't be happier. The keys feel wonderful. If you want a great keyboard, look into what Microsoft has to offer. Normally, I'm not a fan of MS, but they do make the best keyboards and mice. Logitech doesn't coem close in terms of quality. Their keyboards feel like toys after using a MS keyboard.

http://www.microsoft.com/keyboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.