Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skilz34

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
For the past 2 days while typing on my Powerbook, the keyboard sporadically types odd characters. For example, I just typed this sentence and this is what it looks like:

Hey what's up, I'm trying to get this typing p0;/
=]roblem corrected in my powerbook. It keep acting spastic 0p;/
=]and 0p;/
=]it will not stop can0p;/
=]anyone

I didn't hit enter either. It jumped to the next line automatically.

This is happening in different applications and I ran a virus scan which came back clean. Also, I've shut down/restart several times.

anyone have this problem or know what to do about it?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
First try another keyboard to see if yours may have a short or something (or to eliminate it as the cause of your problem).

I also find it interesting in your post that the string of the problem characters isn't consistent.

The first occurence shows "p0;/
=]" and the rest show "0p;/
=]"

Sure you didn't just type that???

Skilz34

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
kingjr3 said:
First try another keyboard to see if yours may have a short or something (or to eliminate it as the cause of your problem).

I also find it interesting in your post that the string of the problem characters isn't consistent.

The first occurence shows "p0;/
=]" and the rest show "0p;/
=]"

Sure you didn't just type that???

well this is my laptop keyboard. I didn't type those characters b/c I even tried punching in a key one finger at a time and it would still do it. I just repaired permissions and it still did it. I may call AppleCare

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.