Keychain Watch charger with included battery

cappo3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys!
For my travel needs, I'm looking for a practical keychain charger for my Watch.
I already carry the 5W USB-A charger and a 2 m lightning cable for my iPhone 11 pro.
On top of that I carry a short USB-C cable to charge the case of my wireless earbuds.
And, since my laptop usually travels with me, I also carry a 60W MagSafe 2 adapter.
I've already got kind of a cable salad going on and, if I could at least avoid adding the Watch charger, that'd be great.
I found out there are such things as "keychain chargers", very small charging bases for the Watch, which you can directly connect to the USB charger into the wall. I like the idea quite a lot. Especially since I found out there are some with an included mini-powerbank just for the watch!
Does anyone here have any experience with such chargers? Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Tdosthp

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
I bought this one in Sept 2017.

Portable Wireless Apple Watch Magnetic Charger [Apple MFI Certified], Pocket Sized Keychain for Travel, Built in Power Bank for iWatch, Compatible with Apple Watch Series 3 2 1 and Nike by Pantheon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N30PI8E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_biM3DbTDVJZHB

I don’t use it often; only for “emergencies” like flight delays, etc, but it has worked well. Not fast by any means, but does the job in a pinch.

Reactions: cappo3 and twanj

cappo3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
I bought this one in Sept 2017.

Portable Wireless Apple Watch Magnetic Charger [Apple MFI Certified], Pocket Sized Keychain for Travel, Built in Power Bank for iWatch, Compatible with Apple Watch Series 3 2 1 and Nike by Pantheon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N30PI8E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_biM3DbTDVJZHB

I don’t use it often; only for “emergencies” like flight delays, etc, but it has worked well. Not fast by any means, but does the job in a pinch.
That is pretty much the type of thing I was looking for! Now I only need to find one with a USB-A (to connect it directly to the 5W charger), Lightning or USB-C input (for the cables I already carry).
I can't seem to find the product you mean, the link only opens an Amazon search page!

ValerieA

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2019
That is pretty much the type of thing I was looking for! Now I only need to find one with a USB-A (to connect it directly to the 5W charger), Lightning or USB-C input (for the cables I already carry).

I can't seem to find the product you mean, the link only opens an Amazon search page!
That's strange. I just clicked the link and it took me to the product. It looks like it's on special for Black Friday at the moment as well.
Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 8.42.14 AM.png