Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I suppose you think Apple are holding on to millions of phones and not shipping them to customers each year too?

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/09/iphone-7-pre-order-shipping-estimates-slipping/

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/12/iphone-6s-preorders-slipping/

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/12/iphone-6-shipping-estimates-slipping/

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/21/iphone-5s-shipping-estimates-slip-to-october/
[doublepost=1508483281][/doublepost]

Except it didn't fail, it performed exactly as it was supposed to.

You are missing the point . Apple never has enough stock for meet demand, not the issue , your links miss the ponot.

The point here is that the same rumour is just used each year. Doom and gloom that parts are causing huge delays..... and yet come launch Apple supplies what it did previous years.... your links are only relevant from the 27th of October ;)

Reactions: Geert76

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I’ll throw in some preorders through Apple and T-Mobile and see what comes sooner. I’d rather finance interest free (but not the upgrade program since it forces me into AppleCare) but I think I’m in for at least one.

I told myself I won’t be doing the line thing. So, won’t be doing the line thing lol.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
You are missing the point . Apple never has enough stock for meet demand, not the issue , your links miss the ponot.

The point here is that the same rumour is just used each year. Doom and gloom that parts are causing huge delays..... and yet come launch Apple supplies what it did previous years.... your links are only relevant from the 27th of October ;)

No, you said it's marketing spin, which it clearly isn't. They just can't make them fast enough.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
No, you said it's marketing spin, which it clearly isn't. They just can't make them fast enough.

You still don't get it . Prior to preorders its marketing / rumours / whatever you want to call it . As soon as pre-orders start, as per your links we can start reporting delays due to Apple clearly telling us the delivery estimates, from which we can make assumptions to why that is.

The point im making is that the rumours of dire supply prior to preorder never equate to the amount of phones apple delivers ..... for launch .

The point is not apple not being apple to meet supply ..... for the last 10 years .... product launches , we get this Fact

So when this all goes down - compare how many units of iPhone 7 from last year and iPhone x this year were shipped for launch . These are the numbers you are interested in

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
If all those issues pop up now during production I wonder if they have prototyped the phone enough? Sounds like it was a last minute call.
There is a big difference between prototyping and testing and then assembling at a large scale. I work in a company (not related to the tech sector) an whenever we start mass production we always run into one issue or another, which only are visible when start with the high volumes.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Same old conspiracy theorist for whom everything is done with a malicious agenda, where everything that happens was planned to happen.

When more units are shipped than the predicted false rumours ..... year after year .... conspiracy theory does not mean what you think it does in this case ;)

Try fool me once, fool me twice .....

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The video of Craig Federighi locked out of his own iPhone X speaks for itself.

Enjoy having it "perform exactly as it was supposed to." :D

He meant this. The iPhone X demo where Face ID fails for Craig Federighi.

That's the second time you have tried to spin this now. It's been iterated many times on here that the iPhone X locked Federighi out because others had used iPhone prior to him, which resulted into a back up password method. So It did it exactly as it was supposed to, but the demo itself did fail, Not Face ID.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
The iPhone 8 launch (and common sense) proves you wrong.

Nope. It's proves Apple wrong who tried to sell the 7S as a whole new model, and people did not fall for it.

This years phone is the iPhone X , not last years 7. Let's see how wrong I am on November 3

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
50+ countries with 3 million projected for launch. This should be great...
That is why I don't believe a word from KGI. Apple would not launch in 55 countries if they were unsure if they could supply a somewhat adaquate quantity. Imagine this: 2 Mio. divided by 55 is 36363.4 units per Country. That would mean less than 10000 per SKU per country. That is just not going to happen. All the carriers need stock too, the stores need some kind of launch quantities and then there are the pre-orders placed directly through the Apple Store App and the Website.
Apple would, if there was the slightest indication that they could not supply, have made a staged launch.

Even the iPhone 7 was not launched in that many countries at once. There has never been this big of a launch.

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
And one will be in my hands on November, 3rd.

Never been so excited for an iPhone since the 3G (my first one).

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003

Apple never has enough stock to meet demand? What about the iPhone 8, or the iPhone 5c? Did the iPhone 8 ship six weeks later than usual? Has the iPhone 8 several weeks of shipping time well into November? Or has Apple ever delayed shipment of new iPhones into November?

Plus as already said, you claimed intent in the late shipping. You know exactly that Apple often has two suppliers for many of its key components. You know exactly that the story regarding the two component suppliers is quite plausible. But you instead chose to ignore those facts because you don't let facts get into the way of good story about the evil machinations of big corporations to manipulate the public.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Apple never has enough stock to meet demand? What about the iPhone 8, or the iPhone 5c? Did the iPhone 8 ship six weeks later than usual? Has the iPhone 8 several weeks of shipping time well into November? Or has Apple ever delayed shipment of new iPhones into November?

Plus as already said, you claimed intent in the late shipping. You know exactly that Apple often has two suppliers for many of its key components. You know exactly that the story regarding the two component suppliers is quite plausible. But you instead chose to ignore those facts because you don't let facts get into the way of good story about the evil machinations of big corporations to manipulate the public.
To be fair, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus slipped to 1-2 weeks. And yes, there was one Phone that slipped all the way to November during pre-orders: the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus in Jet Black.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
When more units are shipped than the predicted false rumours ..... year after year .... conspiracy theory does not mean what you think it does in this case ;)

Try fool me once, fool me twice .....
A theory about a conspiracy by Apple to manipulate the public with false information on availability of iPhones is not a conspiracy theory?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
That is why I don't believe a word from KGI. Apple would not launch in 55 countries if they were unsure if they could supply a somewhat adaquate quantity. Imagine this: 2 Mio. divided by 55 is 36363.4 units per Country. That would mean less than 10000 per SKU per country. That is just not going to happen. All the carriers need stock too, the stores need some kind of launch quantities and then there are the pre-orders placed directly through the Apple Store App and the Website.
Apple would, if there was the slightest indication that they could not supply, have made a staged launch.

Even the iPhone 7 was not launched in that many countries at once. There has never been this big of a launch.
I am not sure that the Apple retail stores will have launch quantities. Not for the last two years for the 6s and 7 plus models. There will be no overnight queues at the retail stores as they just won’t have stock

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
I am not sure that the Apple retail stores will have launch quantities. Not for the last two years for the 6s and 7 plus models. There will be no overnight queues at the retail stores as they just won’t have stock
What are you talking about? Sure the stores will have launch stock. I walked in to the store on the launch day of the iPhone 7 Plus and bought one right then and there. But it was a gold phone however.

Reactions: manu chao

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

The iPhone 8 and 5C are previous generation iPhones . Do you understand that in the years you have mentioned the flagship phone and the phone in demand were not these units ? Cause your argument to have any substance would require these units to have been flagship - hint we are on the iPhone x thread .

Intent in late shipping ? What ? Nope, I claimed that these rumours prior to preorder are repeating each year..... same same.

Look - do a search on the iPhone 7 launch , you will see doom and gloom rumours before preorder - how did that work out? See the point ?

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
To be fair, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus slipped to 1-2 weeks. And yes, there was one Phone that slipped all the way to November during pre-orders: the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus in Jet Black.
The point is that the shipping times vary considerably from year to year. The iPhone 8 is one with the shortest shipping times so far. And particular colours slipping has happened before, see the white iPhone 4. But even the Jet Black iPhone 7 didn't have its pre-order date moved to end of October and its first shipping date be early November.

Reactions: aylk

architect1337

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Shipments will pick up in first quarter 2018! Yea half way to the next iPhone release. Enjoy your 6 months with a new phone you waited 6 months to get.

Don't worry - the iPhone X 2 will be announced six months later that actually works...

I still don't get it. It will be the same grid of icons but on a slightly larger screen? What am I missing?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yeah I remember the supply issues with the jet black. Some people waited for up to two months and bearing in mind that the iPhone X is being launched 5 weeks later than the normal late September release, I can see orders slipping in to January when you consider that things generally shut down for two weeks over the Xmas period

Reactions: aylk

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
A theory about a conspiracy by Apple to manipulate the public with false information on availability of iPhones is not a conspiracy theory?

Wait ..... if I don't believe in fake news , does that mean I am forced to believe there is a conspiracy ? Does not work that way.

Many places make money from advertising Hence they write these pieces . Happens to be great marketing for Apple also, though to suggest Apple is behind this ....really? Lol nah...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.