Kick A Ginger Day goes thump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iJohnHenry, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bartelby macrumors Core

Any twunt who kicked me would be facing an assault charge!:mad:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I didn't know you was a ginger kid. :p

Attached Files:

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Little douchebags. What is the deal with picking on the ginger-haired kids anyway? Am I the only one that thinks ginger/red hair is actually rather pretty? Maybe that's the deal, friggin haters! :p

4. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

And then we fight back...

Attached Files:

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You definitely aren't the only one.

Besides.. I doubt any of them will kick Geri Haliwell. ;)

BL.

6. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

They should, regardless.

8. bartelby macrumors Core

Not quite that bright any more.

The sh*t I had to put up with as a kid was unbelievable. Kicked, punched, pushed under a reversing car, slashed with scissors, pushed head first into a wired glass window (breaking the window) all of this was during school too.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Teachers can be so cruel.

Just teasing Sir, that's an awful thing to have to put up with over something so trivial and meaningless.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

The car and the scissors incidents were in front of teachers. I got into the most trouble for throwing the scissors out of a ground floor window.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm so f**king stubborn I'd have topped myself.

11. calculus Guest

calculus

Replace the word 'ginger' with a word representing a race, gender, religion or sexual orientation and then see how you feel about it...

12. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Whatever next?

Blue eye beat down? shoot a brunette week? scalp the aged?

Nonsense.

13. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yeah, 'kick a paki', 'kick a bitch', 'kick a jew' and 'kick a ******' wouldn't go down quite so well, would it. Disgusting.

14. Queso macrumors G4

It could be worse. You could have a West Midlands accent.

Oh.. :eek:

(hugs from me really)

15. bartelby macrumors Core

According to my 91 year old Black Country nan I have a Welsh accent...

16. Queso macrumors G4

Your 91 year old Nan is just being nasty :D

It wasn't her with the scissors was it?

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

This wasn't an organized movement to go and beat up ginger kids, it was a face book group started by a 14 year old playing off a piece of pop culture.

As for the torment this demographic goes through all I know is at my high school not one of the ginger kids I knew was ever treated badly for hair or skin color....but maybe I'm just in a sheltered area...

18. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Lolololol.
    People actually take that seriously.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

lolololol :rolleyes:
    Yes apparently people don't like to get a beat down due to their looks. :cool:

20. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This was the point of the South Park joke... Why are people getting so worked up over this? It's some dumb kids mimicking south park.

I can't believe you guys are mad about kicking gingers when in the old episodes they'd kill Kenny.

21. bartelby macrumors Core

:rolleyes:

How about I come and make every week day for 12 years of your life a TOTAL misery? Making it so bad that suicide seems a decent option. How about I throw hot coffee on you and laugh about it or maybe just spit on you as you walk passed?

Just because it's "dumd kids mimicking South Park", or any TV/film/music that victimises anyone, doesn't mean is ok. Do you get that?

Maybe you were fortunate enough to not be bullied on a daily basis.

I don't know which are worse bullies or people who think there's nothing wrong with bullying...

EDIT: And as for your last point if "dumb kids" went around killing real people called Kenny I guess that would be ok too. After all they're just mimicking South Park...

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You missed my point entirely. I was astonished that you were so up in arms about this. When they show murder on that show, you get upset about picking on redheads. They chose redhair because that's such a trivial feature to a person, that's like hating someone because their arms look a little too veiny.

Note that no one was specifically picked on, it was just a facebook group. And you should also note that I wasn't suggesting that your being bullied was anything minor. I'm just saying your being bullied is completely irrelevant to the issue.

Kids bully kids. Should this be condoned? Of course not. Should we act surprised when it happens? No. The situation has been taken care of and the facebook page is down. Look! Crisis averted :rolleyes:

23. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm not up in arms about what South Park have shown. I'm up in arms that kids thought it was a good idea to mimic it and that people don't seem to think it's wrong.

24. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Of course it's wrong. No one said it wasn't. But this people getting upset over it is ridiculous. This is what children do. Next headline will be, "Boys throw rocks at beehive and strike elderly man--He's okay" and you'll be asking for their heads on pikes.